Just spent 3 excellent nights here, eating in the restaurant/bar downstairs every evening. Bedroom was very stylish in a chic rustic way, very clean, good tv, massive comfy bed, big bath to soak in. Staff and owner exceptionally friendly & professional, genuinely welcoming to our dogs, who thankfully rose to the occasion and didn't disgrace us!
Lots of noise from Kings Arms opposite in the early evening but no worries, all silent by 10.30pm through to 9am.
Food uniformly excellent, breakfast sausages and kippers outstanding. Only suggestion for improvement would be to have more 'gastro pub' style dishes for walkers in the evening. Although the £29 (3 courses) main menu was beautiful and actually good value, it was 'fine dining' and perhaps a little too fussy and elegant after you've walked 15k. The other choice was bar snacks menu, which again had tasty food on it but snack size (avg. £5) not meal size,
KL town itself was great - picturesque with little shops and set in a fantastic landscape. Blessed with 3 hot sunny days we went swimming in the Lune just under Devils Bridge - so nice and clean and fun.
Forget Cornwall - we're going to head north for our mini-breaks now!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five star Sun Inn in the heart of Kirkby Lonsdale offers a luxury blend of old and new; traditional Lake District warmth of a 17th century inn with flag stone and oak floors, old beams and roaring log fires combined with stylish contemporary restaurant and deluxe hotel bedrooms. Situated on the edge of the Lake District, Yorkshire Dales and Forest of Bowland, it is accessible to some of Englands finest scenery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Sun Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Hotel Kirkby Lonsdale
- Sun Inn Kirkby Lonsdale, Cumbria