We have just spent two wonderful nights at The Sun Inn.
A perfect location in such a pretty little town. The staff were so friendly and welcoming from the minute we walked through the door ?. We booked a standard room and though we had no view to speak of it was so very comfortable. The lovely Bath House products along with the cosy bath robes were a real treat, as was the fresh milk and home made biscuits to have with our tea.
We ate dinner in the restaurant the fist night which was delicious, first class. Really well presented with lots of flavours and so fresh. Great wine list with very knowledgable staff. Breakfasts were just as enjoyable too.
Also free tea and coffee throughout the day is a really nice touch.
I have no hesitation in recommending the Sun Inn as "The" place to stay in Kirkby Lonsdale.
Monty loved his little doggy treats too ........Thank you all for making our wedding anniversary a memorable one, we shall definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five star Sun Inn in the heart of Kirkby Lonsdale offers a luxury blend of old and new; traditional Lake District warmth of a 17th century inn with flag stone and oak floors, old beams and roaring log fires combined with stylish contemporary restaurant and deluxe hotel bedrooms. Situated on the edge of the Lake District, Yorkshire Dales and Forest of Bowland, it is accessible to some of Englands finest scenery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Sun Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Hotel Kirkby Lonsdale
- Sun Inn Kirkby Lonsdale, Cumbria