We enjoyed a long weekend at the Sun Inn with our 2 pugs at the end of June. It is hard to find somewhere with great standards that welcomes dogs and I have to say that the Sun Inn exceeded our expectations! We stayed in a large dog friendly room which was IMMACULATE! The staff are warm and welcoming, the food is amazing and you can choose to eat breakfast and dinner in the lovely bar area with your dogs if you don't want to leave them in the room. Our dogs had towels, bowls and a little bag of dog treats to welcome them in our room and we had fresh shortbread. A quick stroll through the churchyard behind the Sun Inn takes you to Ruskins View with lovely walks in both directions. There is no parking but you have a free parking pass for local car parks a short stroll away and can drop off and pick your luggage at the side of the inn. Windermere is a short drive away and again we found lots to do with the dogs as they we're welcome on ferry cruises, vintage railway, motor museum etc.
Often you feel a bit fobbed off when holidaying with pets - but we didn't find this at all here - cannot recommend it enough and we will definitely be returning. A real find this one!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five star Sun Inn in the heart of Kirkby Lonsdale offers a luxury blend of old and new; traditional Lake District warmth of a 17th century inn with flag stone and oak floors, old beams and roaring log fires combined with stylish contemporary restaurant and deluxe hotel bedrooms. Situated on the edge of the Lake District, Yorkshire Dales and Forest of Bowland, it is accessible to some of Englands finest scenery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and LateRooms so you can book your Sun Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Hotel Kirkby Lonsdale
- Sun Inn Kirkby Lonsdale, Cumbria