Arrived earlier than expected but Sandra let and booked me in, as soon as I got in could smell the open log fire in the lounge and relaxed immediately, Sandra gave me the key to my room explained everything I needed to know and made me feel so welcome.
After putting all my gear away having a shower, getting dressed for the evening went downstairs to explore, what beautiful place, tastefully decorated with all original features, this continued throughout the bar, entrance hall and restaurant.
After ordering a large glass of Merlot from the extremely friendly, entertaining and helpful barman,settled in front of fire with the extensive menu, ordered the gammon steak with thick cut chips & salad and it was superb as was the full English breakfast, the staff were friendly and nothing was too much trouble and everyone dining were chatting to each other like old friends, such a good atmosphere.
My room was great, with period furniture and fantastic views, the gardens well stocked and well maintained, just couldn't fault it.
Out and about the next day the countryside is picture postcard, artists dream, went up to Devils Bridge, awsome and down to the old town, everyone is friendly and accommodating, all in all had such a pleasant and relaxing stay, would recommend it to anyone and I will certainly be going back again, fantastic value for money, couldn't have wanted for anymore !!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barbon Inn and Restaurant near Kirkby Lonsdale has been around since the 1650s and started life as a farmhouse. Situated in the peaceful and tranquil village of Barbon, this country inn offers old world elegance in its accommodation restaurant and pub. The Barbon serves traditional English cuisine with a modern twist. Specialty dishes using local produce with choices like confit duck leg served with dauphinoise potatoes, sautéed leeks and a rich blackberry sauce; menu choices change with the seasons. The inn has an excellent wine list which has been a labour of love for one of the owners, and she will help you select from the connoisseurs list. The Barbon Inn has 10 bedrooms one with a four-poster bed. It’s located halfway between the Lake District National Park and the Yorkshire Dales National Park which makes it the perfect base for exploring both. The pastoral feel is added to by a local racetrack that holds the Barbon Hill Climb. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Barbon Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barbon Hotel Kirkby Lonsdale
- Barbon Inn Kirkby Lonsdale, Cumbria