“Relaxing trip, but do not purchase a "package deal"” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stetson's on the White

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Flippin
Stetson's on the White
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Flippin
Fayetteville
“Relaxing trip, but do not purchase a "package deal"”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

My wife and I visited Stetson's this past June for a nice weekend getaway. I have stayed at Newlands a few times, but we now have a dog that goes everywhere with us and Newlands does not allow pets. The rooms and fishing were great, but the owner could use a lesson on customer service. My wife and I purchased a package deal that included 2 night stay, guided fishing trip, and dinner cooked on-site (they're supposed to cook what you catch). Reasons my trip was tainted...

1) On Saturday morning I am told that they will not be cooking us dinner, but instead giving us a voucher to go eat at a "nice restaurant" in town. There are multiple issues with this including I probably should not be driving after a day of fishing.

2) The voucher they gave us was worth $40. Who can eat a dinner for 2 on $40?

3) They did not tell us that the local restaurant would cook our trout for us...

4) When we checked out, the $25 pet policy ended up being $25/per night.

5) Credit Card? That will be an additional 3% charge. When I asked about this, they politely informed me the credit card company charged them 3%. Yes - I know this. That's the price of doing business and it should not be passed along to your customer. Not knowingly at least...

While Stetson's is a decent place to stay, I highly encourage you to see other accommodations before settling for a place they will nickel and dime you to death.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank wsrygle

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
talihina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

First off I really liked the place and staff. I would recommend staying here to any and all but ask a few questions before you do like (1) the cabin is it above others or under (2) what kind of people did you rent the cabin to - ie a family with kids? - a Christian group? Or a bunch of men that came up for a wedding and that drink and throw their trash in the back of your pickup? Well you I bet you can guess what kind of neighbors I had. Vulgar talk and noisy into the night and early morning.
I would like to offer a suggestion to Stetsons, maybe you should ask a few questions about your renters and pair them up with like minded people. I realize everybody has the right to drink if they want but don't put a family with kids in same unit. Other than the inconsiderate neighbors this is a nice place and I will go back but won't put up with that again.

Room Tip: Ask if your unit is shared with a group and what kind!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 182p
Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

My husband and I have just returned from our first stay at Stetson's on the White River. What a fantastic resort! Brenda and her staff simply go out of their way to make you feel welcome and comfortable. Everyone made you feel like family returning home for a visit. We have visited the area for many years and can't believe we this was our first visit to Stetson's. Of course the river itself is one of the most beautiful places on earth and the fishing is out of this world, but the entire atmosphere at Stetson's is peaceful and relaxing. If you don't want to do anything but sit on the deck, it is worth the drive. Our cabin was not simply clean but sparkling and furnished so tastefully. Our fishing guide, Jerry, was great! We absolutely loved it and will certainly return again.

Room Tip: Cabin 35 has a perfect view of the river and the swimming pool.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lindakenTennessee
Kansas City, MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

A great location on the White with fabulous scenery, cliffs and great fishing. The cabins are well equipped and the managment is helpful. House keepers are nice too. We've stayed a number of places in the past 15 years and we came back agian this year because we think Stetson's IS the best location. You may find cheaper, but we chose Charlie and Brenda's over all the others.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Benton, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

We have a large group of folks from all over that meet up at Stetson's at least twice per year for the last 12 years. We stayed at other locations previously, but once we found Stetson's, there was no use looking elsewhere. Brenda and her folks go out of their way to make sure we have a great time, every time. The accommodations are superb and continuously updated with new furniture and fixtures, and the boats are clean, safe and well maintained. The majority of our group are Medicare age or close to it, and we do not "rough it". At Stetson's, "roughing it" would be if the satellite TV reception was bad - which hasn't occurred. Many of us make additional trips to Stetson's with a smaller group of family members every year, too. Great fishing, great scenery, and great people - all in one place. Don't waste your time looking elsewhere!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Jenks, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

I thought last October's fishing trip was a fantastic, but this trip just blew it out of the water! Didn't spend the extra bucks last time for a guide, but this time we did. Charlie (nickname: Trout Whisper) took care of us way beyond compare. My wife and I caught 25+ trout last trip. My two son in laws and I caught well over 90 trout on our trips down the White. Charlie was one busy young man. My "boys" just kept pulling them in. What a wonderful experience.
Cabin was super, staff was first class and entire facility was well taken care of.
Look forward in our next trip to Stetson's. Thanks Brenda for another great stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank jenkstrojanfan
Oswego, Il
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013

Excellent place to stay. Right on the river with cliffs just across. Show up with your kids, food, and drinks then kick back and relax by the pool. Charles working the front desk is as personable as they come. There are others places around that are cheaper but you'll get what you pay for, been there - done that. Started with a couple of families a few years ago and now we have 25+ going for a week each year.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank James B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flippin
Hampton Inn Mountain Home
#4 of 5 in Lakeview
Brass Door Motel
Brass Door Motel
#1 of 1 in Gassville

Been to Stetson's on the White? Share your experiences!