My wife and I visited Stetson's this past June for a nice weekend getaway. I have stayed at Newlands a few times, but we now have a dog that goes everywhere with us and Newlands does not allow pets. The rooms and fishing were great, but the owner could use a lesson on customer service. My wife and I purchased a package deal that included 2 night stay, guided fishing trip, and dinner cooked on-site (they're supposed to cook what you catch). Reasons my trip was tainted...
1) On Saturday morning I am told that they will not be cooking us dinner, but instead giving us a voucher to go eat at a "nice restaurant" in town. There are multiple issues with this including I probably should not be driving after a day of fishing.
2) The voucher they gave us was worth $40. Who can eat a dinner for 2 on $40?
3) They did not tell us that the local restaurant would cook our trout for us...
4) When we checked out, the $25 pet policy ended up being $25/per night.
5) Credit Card? That will be an additional 3% charge. When I asked about this, they politely informed me the credit card company charged them 3%. Yes - I know this. That's the price of doing business and it should not be passed along to your customer. Not knowingly at least...
While Stetson's is a decent place to stay, I highly encourage you to see other accommodations before settling for a place they will nickel and dime you to death.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Think trout-think Stetson's is more than just a motto, it's a way of life! First-class, Great, Awesome, World Class; however you say it, the White River and Stetson's Resort are it. We offer from one to five bedrooms in our modern log cabins with up-to-date amenities such as full kitchens like no others to be found on the White River. At Stetson's we want your stay to be a dream come true. River access is just an easy 45 yards from your Cabin. Sitting on your patio or deck enjoying the scenic beauty, fresh clean air and clear flowing water will truly overwhelm you. Corporate Groups, Family Retreats or a quiet get-away, await you.We offer the world's finest trout fishing for your pleasure. From the most expert guided fishing trips, to bank fishing, wade fishing or fly fishing, Stetson's has it all. We know that when you think trout, you truly will think Stetson's On The White! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Stetson's On The White Flippin, Arkansas