“Can't really fault a thing”

Martino's Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 59 Restaurants in Seaham
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Durham, UK
“Can't really fault a thing”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We had a short wait for our table so we ordered drinks at the bar. Once seated the table was in a nice light and airy location. Service was efficient and friendly. All of the food was absolutely delicious and cooked to perfection, we didn't leave a scrap. We had lunch from the main menu and our average cost was £12pp including a tip but there was a lunchtime special offer on aswell. Will definitely return.

• Visited May 2014

Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Perfection!”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I visited the restaurant for the first time a few months back and have been a regular ever since.There's a lovely restaurant for celebrations, family/friend get togethers, a date night out or jut for an amazing Italian meal. The food is reasonably priced, cooked to perfection and comes in hearty portions (as you would expect in Italy!). Once you've finished the meal there's a relaxed bar area and a more social pool table area, which is great for kids, adult and groups of friends. All of the staff are welcoming, up beat, polite and kind, which makes the night all the better. When you visit, (and I strongly recommend you do) the potato skins are the best in Sunderland and the waiter Tenshey (pronounced tunshy) is the best waiter I've ever been served by in any restaurant. He is kind, caring and will do anything he can to make your night special. Get yourself down, you'd be missing a treat if you didn't!

• Visited May 2014
TACKLETART1974
“Pleasant meal”
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Booked a works night out here, staff were pleasant and very helpfull, food was to a good standard, thanks for a lovely night

Durham, United Kingdom
“Lovely food”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I visited Martino's for the first time at the weekend, in a group of 16 celebrating an engagement. The restaurant was full with a few more large groups and couples. I didn't have a starter but my husband had the mussels in white wine and garlic sauce and said it was really tasty. I had the lamb shank for my main meal which was delicious. My husband really enjoyed his chicken Kiev which came with homemade chunky chips. I had the crime brûlée for dessert which was to die for, and something I'd definitely recommend.
The service was fine but nothing spectacular, as I found the staff weren't very engaging but maybe this was because they were busy.

On the whole I'd recommend but I have to say that I much prefer The Italian Kitchen in Sunderland!!

• Visited April 2014
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Went to celebrate my birthday and had a fantastic meal and evening.

Staff were fantastic - so good we booked to come back the next evening

That was equally great and to cap it all off, due to a lack of taxis, the owners wife took us all back to the hotel. What a nice touch

Great place, buzzing atmosphere

Can't wait to go back the next time we return to seaham