Well! What a lovely surprise my husband and I got at the Seaton Lane Inn!
I took him there for one night in July for his birthday as we had business in the area and decided to stay in Seaham. On arrival - from the outside, the Inn looked like any other pub/inn we'd ever been to. However..when we set foot inside, we were amazed at the decor and the boutique feel to the place. We were warmly greeted and were promptly checked in and booked a table for dinner. We left our bags off in our room which was beautifully and very tastefully decorated. It was very warm that day so we were happy to have a window which opened fully out and let the breeze in.
We headed down for dinner and again were greeted warmly by the restaurant staff.
We ordered prawn cocktail for starters, steaks, and a bottle of proscecco which we were able to take outside after the meal to sit in the heated decking area.
All in all our vist there was blissful.
If I had just one reservation or qualm about the place, it was only that the next morning we were awoken by the cleaning staff attempting to get in our room at 9.15am and generally banging about and chatting outside the room.
Check out is 11am and I expect to be left alone until that time when I pay for an overnight stay.
Staff are lovely. Place is lovely. Food is lovely. Don't hesitate!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- \Imagine you find your ideal country pub, enjoy a fine meal and a few drinks – why move on? Well, now you don’t have to because the Seaton Lane Inn will provide you with somewhere luxurious to lay your sleepy head – at a price you can afford. The roadside inn has been extended with an 18-bedroom hotel which is attached to the main building and overlooks a paved, outdoor area. It is well sheltered from the prevailing winds and surrounded by colourful plants – including a herb garden. At night, the paved area twinkles with sunken lights and you won’t feel cold – the powerful heat lamps do their job. The hotel’s boutique-style bedrooms have been tastefully furnished by a top quality interior design team, decorated in different styles to a high standard and equipped with plasma TV, WiFi and king-size and super king-size beds. En suite shower rooms are of a high standard and hair dryers and tea and coffee making facilities are provided. There is also luxury, ground floor accommodation for disabled guests. Door entry is by card key and guests can take their choice of visiting other North East attractions – or spend a relaxing evening enjoying the culinary delights and friendly atmosphere of the Seaton Lane Inn’s restaurant, lounge and bar. Comfort, pleasant surroundings and a choice of locally sourced food and drinks to tempt the most discerning of palates – what more could you desire? For a start, you may be looking for an ideal base to savour the best of all the North East of England has to offer. That place is the newly extended and tastefully renovated Seaton Lane Inn boutique hotel. Situated by a country road through a village, it is only a few hundred yards from the A19 – making is less than 30 minutes to Newcastle upon Tyne and equally convenient for Durham City. Sunderland is just minutes away. The Seaton Lane Inn has come a long way from its early incarnation as a blacksmith’s forge; it now incorporates a stylish lounge/dining area, traditional bar and a new two-story hotel attached to the original building. The pub/hotel is run by owners who head a talented team. Their purpose is to make your stay at the Seaton Lane Inn a memorable one – for all the right reasons. These include the friendliness of the staff, the affable type of clientele you meet in a country inn, a tempting and varied menu (try the seafood) and wide range of beers, including excellent cask conditioned ales served from the hand pump, wines and spirits. You can relax in the comfort of the lounge, which has Sky TV, or join the regulars in the adjacent bar. The new hotel has 18 en suite double rooms which are tastefully furnished and have all modern conveniences including TV and radio, wireless internet access, toiletries and tea and coffee making facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Seaton Lane Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Seaton Lane Hotel Seaham
- The Seaton Lane Inn Seaham, Durham