“Very busy but absolutley lovely” 4 of 5 bubbles

Lickety Split Creamery & Juice Bar
Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in Seaham
Cuisines: American, Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a 1950s all american ice cream parlour selling top grade ices and award winning dishes, award winning fairtrade coffee and lovely hotdogs at reasonable prices. We are not the cheapest but if you want quality then we are number 1. A family owned business we were the first of its kind in the North East and are still the peoples choice for this type of thing. Queues can be long at peak times (1-5 on weekends and school holidays) so please come prepared. off peak times are 10am until 1pm where you may not need queue of queue for less.
Co Durham
“Very busy but absolutley lovely”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2011

We visited on bank hol Monday afternoon, queue was out the door but we didn't wait too long, very limited space is a big issue, also kids being allowed to tool around the floor while staff are trying to rush around didn't help, the ice creams are delicious, so too are the waffles, hopefully some bigger premises will sort any problems out. The only other small niggle was the employees uniforms, very dirty looking, maybe some aprons or even disposables would look better than dirty skirts, other than that I loved it, great theme and great food .

1 Thank jonessunderland

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“SLOW SLOW SLOW SERVICE!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2011

this is the first time ive been and had heard good reports about it . my self and my partner went today and waited 45 mins for a table and our order there was a queue out of the door but the girls serving behind the counter were sooooo slow in making ours and everyone elses order.
when we did get it it was served to our table by a girl whose t-shirt and skirt were filthy as were every other member of the team . i appreciate they are working but perhaps wear aprons in keeping with the 60's diner theme or removable plastic aprons . a few of the other customers inthe queue remarked on the slow service and the filthy outfits so it was not just us .

• Visited May 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Redding, California
“A fun place to eat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2010

We had the opportunity to visit a couple of times while we were in England last year. Yes, the place is often busy and it's necessary to wait a little while for food, even in the dead of winter. but it's totally worth the wait. The ice creams are delicious, the staff are unfailing friendly and helpful, the owner (Cindy) is a prime example of what a small business owner should be. All in all, a wonderful experience; one I wish I could repeat more frequently. unfortunately, living in California means I can't get there as often as I'd like.

2 Thank coalminersboy
princess-crocodile
“cleanliness was a big let down to what should have been great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2010

I visited with my husband and children and the first thing to hit me was the state of the floors, black and white tiles looked like they hadn't been mopped all day. The establishment was busy, but none of the tables that were free were clean. We sat down at a dirty table with the last customers glasses on it, staff walked by but did not remove or clean any of the tables. One of the waitresses white shirts was covered in a bright blue and red stain all over the front, which made me doubt the cleanlines even more. The staff behind the counter were helpful and the ice creams were really good, a vast selection of flavours ensured there was something for everyone. However the dirty tables, dirty floors and general lack of cleanliness would put me off returning - sorry.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Salama55, Owner at Lickety Split Creamery & Juice Bar, responded to this review, 5 April 2010
Princess-crocodile, thank you for visiting Lickety Split Creamery & for your comments, we find them invaluable in helping us to provide excellent service. I'm sorry you feel you were let down when you visited our establishment, you obviously visited during our VERY busy weekend period. Never, in our wildest dreams, did we think it would take off as it has & I'm not making excuses but, in our defence, I was aware that the tables were not cleared as quickly as I'd hoped & to address this I have recently 9in the last week) employed someone just to clear tables & keep them clean. In response to your comment about the floor not being washed all day, I can assure you that the floors are washed on a daily basis, when the shop is closed. Due to Health & Safety issues we cannot wash floors when there are customers in the shop, it would not be safe & from experience, when the floors are wet, they look filthy with dirty, wet footprints everywhere so it's safest not to try. Obviously, spillages are wiped up immediately. I do hope that you will give us another try & if you do, will be pleasantly surprised. Thanks again for visiting us & for your comments. :0)
TACKLETART1974
“wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2010

3 friends and I visited last week, we bought a hotdog, 2 hot paninis and a bowl of broth, we followed this up wit 4 of their very special ice cream sundaes, namely nuts about nuts, cherry lee lewis, turkish promise and chantilly glace. they were all delicious. the staff are extremely friendly and helpfull, the whole place has an overwhelming atmosphere of pure unadulterated fun. apparently if you put the right song on the jukebox they will dance for you, we must not have found it!. their prices are fantastic too, the sundaes we bought were only £3.95 each, i have bought similar in london for excess of £10.
this little gem of a place is a must visit if your in the area.