“Lovely!”

Lickety Split Creamery & Juice Bar
Ranked #3 of 5 Dessert in Seaham
Cuisines: American, Cafe, British
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a 1950s all american ice cream parlour selling top grade ices and award winning dishes, award winning fairtrade coffee and lovely hotdogs at reasonable prices. We are not the cheapest but if you want quality then we are number 1. A family owned business we were the first of its kind in the North East and are still the peoples choice for this type of thing. Queues can be long at peak times (1-5 on weekends and school holidays) so please come prepared. off peak times are 10am until 1pm where you may not need queue of queue for less.
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Lovely!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Popped in one Sunday to try this place out. Loads of choice and you get what you pay for. Inside is kitted out well to.

Durham
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great staff and ice cream”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Visited today with my elderly disabled mother, we waited patiently in the queue for our turn. I did note others who had not yet ordered and who had come in after us 'claiming seats/tables' despite the polite sign asking people not to take a seat until they have ordered. I note previous comment re this and agree it is very rude to those of us waiting to be served. I don't think the staff deserve to be abused but do think they should be reminding people to wait for seat until they have ordered and I think the signs need to be redone with bolder font so more visible; otherwise it is going to upset people who perhaps cant go and claim seats while waiting to be served eg those with small children or elderly relatives.
Saying this we had great ice cream from very attentive and pleasant staff especially Linz who has served me previously when visited with friends, she does the best 'tubs'!, She was very kind offering to get my mam a seat until table and seats became available.
I think the staff do great job in busy popular ice cream parlour and well worth a visit, definitely a guilty pleasure! licquirice is the best!!

• Visited July 2014
“Great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We took a large group to Seaham for the day and enjoyed an ice cream sundae to round it off. The staff were friendly and welcoming. The ice creams and coffees were good value, tasty and promptly served. Thanks to you all , our group all had a lovely time . See you soon.

Seaham, United Kingdom
“Really disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We've been coming here every year for my daughters birthday but our this visit will most likely be our last. The system they have for ordering first then finding a table just isn't working. There are signs all over and also at each table telling people not to sit until they have ordered but it seems that we were the only ones doing so. When we first went in there were 3 empty tables so we started placing our orders. Unfortunately three couples/families then came in and sat straight down while they read the menu. This resulted in us waiting 45 minutes until a table became available. The staff apologised but said they could no longer tell people not to sit before they ordered as they were getting poor reviews...

Please sort this out Lickety Split. There has to be a better system than the chaos that happened yesterday and resulted in my daughter and her friend sitting at one table and the rest of us at another. Not exactly the celebration I'd had in mind.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank debradurham
Bangkok, Thailand
“No queue!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

This was the first time I had an opportunity to visit Lickety Splits as it is not a weekend or school holiday visit and it was definitely worth the wait. As they explain it is not cheap, but the quality and variety is excellent. I had a delicious Apple Crumble Sundae, that was packed full of delicious ingredients. I also ordered a black coffee which came with a mini cone of Turkish delight on the side which was an unexpected bonus. The staff were very friendly and I would definitely recommend calling in, especially if you can avoid the rush.