“First visit but not the last!”
Review of Massimos

Massimos
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seaham
Massimos
Ranked #3 of 6 Seaham B&B and Inns
North Yorkshire
“First visit but not the last!”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

My daughter & I ate here last night while visiting relatives in the area & it was really very good. The atmosphere was lovely,very friendly! There's loads of choice on the menu, so much in fact we had trouble deciding what to have! What we did have was gorgeous & we will definitely go back. Service was great. Only negative was that we drank white wine & soda & the wine was just ok. Next time would probably ask for a different type. Overall,well worth another visit!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Seaham
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I have visited Massimos several times with friends and each time been impressed but this the first time I have visited with my husband since the change from the previous owner and we were both extremely impressed. You instantly know the difference between this genuine Italian place to other 'Italian Restaurants' in the area. The food is outstanding as is the service from the team. We were there from 8:30 till late and we were not rushed or made to feel its time to leave, it's just so relaxing and friendly which makes you want to stay that bit longer. Overall excellent evening and will definitely be back soon plus we are lucky it's on our doorstep.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

Wow. The Italian baked fired oven pizza was crisp and luscious. Simply the best I have tasted in the UK. The toppings were also fresh. And plenty scope to create your pizza. The seafood was delicious on top. I feel lucky to live close. I'll be back.

Great service too!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2013

This was my tenth visit to Massimos. I dont live local and regularly make the drive to Seaham to have dinner at this superb restaurant. I am serious about food and and come from a family of great cooks so that makes me very hard to please. I have thoroughly enjoyed every visit here and I am very well looked after by the wonderful team that keep this place buzzing with authentic charm. I have tried many of the dishes and I really would struggle to choose a favourite but if I had to the the steak I had on my last visit was incredibly good. I think you have to try some places for yourself but I would and have recommend this great eaterie

• Stayed September 2013
Durham
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We were going for a walk to the new promenade in seaham and wanted something quick, but not chips!

The Italian deli downstairs is sooo lovely. They let us order and then wait with a magazine at a table while our sandwiches / toasties were made.

The chicken and mozzorella and meatballs with mozzarella were said to be amazing!

About £5 for a nice sandwich and a drink, so not bad!

We will deffo be back!!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Lynsey G
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Once again a fabulous stay at Massimos. We were a party of 7 celebrating a 50th birthday with family and were accommodated here. Food, service and all accommodation top notch. Massimo is a special person who makes one feel very much at home and comfortable. Nothing is refused. Would not hesitate recommending this accommodation and facilities to friends or anyone who is seeking excellent service. Good on Massimo and all his staff.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Buzz111111
Sunderland
Reviewed 18 May 2013 via mobile

Living locally we visit massimos regularly for the happy hour menu which is excellent value. The food is always very tasty and the atmosphere is lovely. Unfortunately I was very disappointed after my last visit. The service we received was very average. Waited for menus, was not offered pepper or Parmesan (whilst those around us were) and eventually had to stand up and ask to pay as no one came back to our table. Hopefully this was a one off, we will return and give it another chance as normally the staff are really attentive.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaham
Seaham Hall
Premier Inn Sunderland City Centre
Hilton Garden Inn Sunderland
Hilton Garden Inn Sunderland
#2 of 10 in Sunderland

Been to Massimos? Share your experiences!