“Excellent place to stay !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Massimos

Massimos
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seaham
Massimos
Ranked #3 of 6 Seaham B&B and Inns
Swindon
“Excellent place to stay !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Myself and my partner stayed at Massimos for 2 nights over the Great North run weekend as my partner was taking part. The staff were so friendly and welcoming, we had to leave before breakfast on one morning but they went over and above to provide a lovely breakfast to our room before we left. The room itself was lovely, modern and very clean, had everything you would need and if it didn't you knew you could ask and it would be provided with no issues.
We also had dinner one evening and we couldn't fault it in any way, beautiful!
Over all we cannot to this day fault our stay at Massimos, every thing was perfect, we would stay again in a heart beat!!

Room Tip: Every room is beautiful.... But the sea front is just stunning
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Preston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

We were looking for a place to stay for our friends engagement party in near by houghton le spings. We decided to book two rooms at massimos having looked at previous reviews on trip advisor.
First off I have to say the location is great being right on the sea front. (Seaham also looks nice, although we didn't get much chance to explore).
There is a large car park to the rear which is free of charge to guests. We arrived to find the front door locked, to which we were previously warned.
After settling the bill we shown our room(room 5) it was clean tidy, and big enough for the two of us. There was an en suite too. We paid £75 in total.
We had issue with a couple of things, firstly the shower.... The tray filled up with water within 5 minutes and the chef downstairs was getting wet! Massimo came with a plunger to unblock it. Also the water was not very hot, Massimo said it would warm up soon, it didn't. Another thing was the shower head holder was broken meaning U had to hold it whilst showering!
The room itself was also very cold, Massimo eventually managed to switch our radiator on.
The breakfast was ok in the morning, although the egg was not properly cooked and the mushrooms were not great at all.
All in all an average stay at best and I would probably try somewhere else next time if I visit.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank crofty06
North Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

My daughter & I ate here last night while visiting relatives in the area & it was really very good. The atmosphere was lovely,very friendly! There's loads of choice on the menu, so much in fact we had trouble deciding what to have! What we did have was gorgeous & we will definitely go back. Service was great. Only negative was that we drank white wine & soda & the wine was just ok. Next time would probably ask for a different type. Overall,well worth another visit!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Seaham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

I have visited Massimos several times with friends and each time been impressed but this the first time I have visited with my husband since the change from the previous owner and we were both extremely impressed. You instantly know the difference between this genuine Italian place to other 'Italian Restaurants' in the area. The food is outstanding as is the service from the team. We were there from 8:30 till late and we were not rushed or made to feel its time to leave, it's just so relaxing and friendly which makes you want to stay that bit longer. Overall excellent evening and will definitely be back soon plus we are lucky it's on our doorstep.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

Wow. The Italian baked fired oven pizza was crisp and luscious. Simply the best I have tasted in the UK. The toppings were also fresh. And plenty scope to create your pizza. The seafood was delicious on top. I feel lucky to live close. I'll be back.

Great service too!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

This was my tenth visit to Massimos. I dont live local and regularly make the drive to Seaham to have dinner at this superb restaurant. I am serious about food and and come from a family of great cooks so that makes me very hard to please. I have thoroughly enjoyed every visit here and I am very well looked after by the wonderful team that keep this place buzzing with authentic charm. I have tried many of the dishes and I really would struggle to choose a favourite but if I had to the the steak I had on my last visit was incredibly good. I think you have to try some places for yourself but I would and have recommend this great eaterie

• Stayed September 2013
Durham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

We were going for a walk to the new promenade in seaham and wanted something quick, but not chips!

The Italian deli downstairs is sooo lovely. They let us order and then wait with a magazine at a table while our sandwiches / toasties were made.

The chicken and mozzorella and meatballs with mozzarella were said to be amazing!

About £5 for a nice sandwich and a drink, so not bad!

We will deffo be back!!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Lynsey G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaham
Seaham Hall
Lumley Castle Hotel
#5 of 19 in Durham
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,955 reviews
Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa

Been to Massimos? Share your experiences!