“Sunday Lunch”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2014

ON our second visit to Seaton Lane for Sunday lunch I decided to try the Pork and Leek sausage and mash with "rich onion gravy". After a very nice and generous Leek and Potato soup for me and Potato Skins for my husband (who was'nt so keen on the accompanying salad a bit too much olive oil), The Chicken dinner for him was fine although nice well roasted potato would have been better than slightly "pasty"one, then my meal came with three plump sausages on mash with a little gravy and quite raw red onion scattered about, When I make onion gravy the onions are nicely caramelised and enhance the flavour of nice thick gravy, so in comparison I was quite disappointed and although the sausages were tasty maybe a little more cooking for my personal taste but they were'nt to know that at the time.
When I mentioned the gravy to the waitress she offered to bring me another dinner which I declined as my husband was halfway through his and later when a man asked if everything was ok and I explained to him he offered me a dessert which I also declined as I'd had enough to eat.
I thought that under the circumstanced there could have been a consideration on the bill but there was not . We probably won't be visiting again which is a shame as with a few little improvements it could be very nice.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We've eaten here loads of times and usually just as a couple. This time we took our son. Kids menu is the usual so he went for fish fingers. My son spat them out. They were terrible. Cheapest fish fingers. Like rubber! Terrible that a decent restaurant thinks a child should have to eat such poor quality food.

1  Thank Princesskathmc
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We went for lunch today just on spec, having heard about the restaurant from a friend. Although we only had a sandwich and a drink we really enjoyed it and will definitely be coming back to try out more of the menu.

Staff very friendly and helpful.

Toilets are lovely and clean which is always a good sign.

1  Thank 57nap
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here on our wedding night, the room was lovely, service great and food very good

1  Thank Annette S
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Lovely restaurant beautiful food friendly staff! been here a few times now will be returning very soon

2  Thank Haaayley