Great location and on the whole very friendly staff but I wouldn't rate as a 5* experience.
1. Ridiculous reservation process. Booked on line and entered all card details to be then contacted by a blocked number to ask for my payment details again. Apparently payments cannot be taken on line.
2. The online system I used to book, I chose to have the wine package, Leanne on the reservations line laughed when I told her this as she had never heard of it. I found this extremely rude
3. On checking in at the spa we filled out questionnaires which were never read. Had the staff read my medical history I assure you they would have wanted to talk to me. I'm afraid this to me begs the question of liability had anything gone wrong
4. The wine package I ordered did turn up to our room eventually but was not waiting on arrival as promised.
5. We ordered breakfast in bed for the following morning by hanging the breakfast order on our door handle at 9.30pm. Breakfast was ordered for 7.45am, my husband checked and the order had never been taken from the door handle. Ruining our breakfast in bed. Once we visited reception they apologised profusely and breakfast was eventually delivered to our room. Not quite the same experience
6. The breakfast order was also wrong when it arrived
The White Room & The Bar
1. The friendliness of the staff was lovely. Nothing was too much trouble for them and the following comments are not aimed at them directly, the bar tender/manager was totally unaware of what the establishment had to fully offer. We ordered a bottle of port which was cold and we needed to ask for it to be decanted
2. When we were showed to our table the waitress left us sat for 10-15 minutes without bread, bringing our wine and the water we ordered for the table arrived 15 minutes after the wine
3. When the wine arrived the waiter tried his best but spilled it on the table
4. The food was of a very good standard generally. However, my venison was undercooked. My husbands main course arrived without the sauce for the steak and the chips were cold. The couple on the next table had ordered exactly the same courses as us and had exactly the same issues. They complained to the staff the same evening. We didn't complain at the time as to us the very apparent issue was that there was no restaurant manager over seeing the general running of the evening
5. On checking out we had a long wait as our bill wasn't prepared or 'slipped under the bedroom door' as the reception staff assured us was common place
6. The bottle of vintage port we bought the previous night but only had 2 glasses from could not be imediately located and we had to wait 15 minutes for it to be found.
The hotel & spa are very clean. The hotel staff are friendly, you cant help but warm to them and they really aim to please. However, Seaham Hall you need to train your staff correctly as there is only so far smiles and friendly faces can go to mask a catalogue of errors that should not be expected at a supposedly 5* establishment
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seaham Hall is a beautiful and exclusive luxury 5 Star boutique hotel with fascinating history, located on a cliff top on the wild and romantic Heritage Coast. Seaham Hall is celebrating the success of their £2m investment after winning the prestigious 'Small Hotel of the Year' award at the 2013 North East Tourism Awards, with the judges recognising the first class facilities and upgrading which has taken place under the hotel's new ownership. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, Ebookers, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your Seaham Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seaham Hall Hotel And Serenity Seaham
- Serenity Spa Seaham
- Hall Hotel Seaham
- Seaham Hall Durham