“Wonderful spa day”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sunderland
“Wonderful spa day”
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Purchased the spa day via secret escapes as a birthday treat for my mam.

Upon arrival we were greeted with a glass of fresh orange juice whilst we filled in the forms etc

The days itinerary was explained to us (we each had two treatments booked as well as lunch) and we were taken and given a tour of the spa area.

Robes and slippers were provided and the lockers were great no need for a token or a key which is often a hassle.

The spa pool area is lovely and warm which does make a difference

I was slightly disappointed that drinks were no longer served by the pool however there are now beds outside the main spa to relax with a cocktail or glass of wine.

Having said that there was cucumber water and herbal tea

The treatment rooms were great and the treatments were the best treatments I have had in a spa this was echoed my my mam. We both had a back massage and I had the body wrap and my mam a facial. She has been having some facial issues of late and the therapist gave her some great advice.

After each treatment we were taken to the zen lounge and provided with a fruit platter (part of our deal) and offered herbal teas or water.

The food in the ozone restaurant was lovely and just the right amount (we did get a portion of chips to share which were not part of the package but looked lovely and were!)

The pino noir is highly recommended.

All staff and therapists were friendly and attentive.

Overall wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed January 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

We did a spa break, one night stay with breakfast for my husbands 40th birthday. The hotel is lovely, the staff helpful, the room (junior suite) stunning and the spa awesome. The food and drink prices are ridiculous. Really ridiculous. We ate in the ozone bar for lunch and evening meal (we were booked into the new sea grill restaurant but cancelled when we saw the size of portions that were being served for £30 a course). I have a baby and a toddler and they eat bigger portions than we were served. For lunch we had a shared platter for two (£12.50), this consisted of one 50p sized fish cake each, one inch sized spring roll each and one and a half inch sized duck roll each. We followed this with a slice of tart (£6 each) - we literally needed a magnifying glass to find it on the plate. Two glasses of prosseco (£7) each later, we were still starving. Evening meal not much better - weak cocktail (£9 each) and a prawn Thai curry (£12.50 each) consisting of THREE prawns and a quarter of a red pepper, served with two tablespoons of rice, we declined dessert as we didn't have room for the inch of banana with coconut cream they were offering. We retired to our room £50 lighter and totally ravenous. Never mind there was a mini bar (£2 for a small standard bag of crisps, £2.50 for a kit kat)......... My advice - go for a spa day but don't stay over, or if you want to stay over - get a taxi into Newcastle City centre, have a slap up meal in one of the many good restaurants there, get a taxi back. You will be full AND it will be cheaper. Breakfast wasn't much better. At £20 per person I expect more than one small sausage, one rasher of bacon, an egg and half a mushroom (I am not kidding- half a normal size mushroom!!!!)

Good points - lovely setting, lovely staff, lovely room, v comfy bed, fab spa. If you are trying to lose weight this is the place for you for all the wrong reasons.

Bad points - lack of food.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank nathaliejane
Aberdeen
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I booked into the Serenity Spa for relaxing evening with a friend. The staff on arrival were friendly and welcoming to the spa. The facilities are excellent - we enjoyed the outdoor hot tub even though it was windy and raining :) The meal in the restaurant was excellent with the largest king prawns I have ever seen washed down with a tasty cocktail! Well worth a visit!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014

we revisited Seaham Hall this weekend as a surprise treat from my husband. WE were married there 10 years ago. The level of customer service was amazing. We were greeted as if 'old friends' and had a great relaxing afternoon in the spa. When we had finished at the spa our cases were in the room and so was a complimentary tray of chocolates and half a bottle of champagne. Again the customer service was fantastic. A lovely meal in the restaurant and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in to end the evening. A lovely leisurely breakfast, again greeted and asked about previous day.
I would not hesitate to recommend Seaham Hall now, my family have just booked 2 nights there based on our experience.
Thank you to Catherine who was so friendly and reassuring and certainly an asset to Seaham Hall.

The Gees

Room Tip: We had Suite 5 amazing room.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Market Harborough
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

We loved this hotel. The extreme high level of service is evident the moment you walk through the door. The staff are extremely efficient and friendly and they are always wanting to ensure everything is perfect for you.
The actual Junior Suite we had was perfect and the walk to the spa through the tunnel just highlights the highest level of decor and design that has been used throughout this hotel.
We instantly felt relaxed here , so it didn't need to grow on you, you just knew instantly it was right for us.
We did not use the Michelin star restaurant as we were not sure it would be right for our 8 year old, but we did visit the Ozone restaurant which was more suitable and it suited our needs perfectly.
This is perfect for us , we will be back. We visit this area 2-3 times a year and they now have a new customer.

Stayed January 2014
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014

After a few of us using Seaham Hall previously for it's Spa and Treatment facilities, we were extremely excited to have booked this year to experience the Seaham Hall Christmas party night. Our girls Christmas get together is usually spent cooking at each others houses but this year we fancied something a little bit different and so we booked Seaham Hall with high expectations.
We had champagne on arrival and were taken to our table promptly and there was a really lovely Christmassy feel. The christmas tree was to die for and everyone was in good spirits. I was however suprised to see how few tables there was considering how good the deal seemed. We were in a group of 10 and we were all seated on one table which was ideal.
I couldn't wait for the meal to arrive as I'd been looking forward to it all week but I must say, I and the rest of my group were extremely disappointed from the start.
The starter was a cold potatoe and leek terrine which wasn't very nice. The potatoe didn't taste fresh and you could hardly taste any leek at all, it would have been much more palatable if it had been warm. A friend did complain to the waiter and he apologised but I guess there was nothing he could do with it being a set menu.
The main course was ok, meat was cooked beautifully and the roast potatoes were the best I've tasted anywhere but the vegetables were rock hard, all of them. The parsnips were raw and the brussell sprouts were so hard, it was a struggle to cut them.
Coffees and teas were brought out after the main course was taken away, long before the desserts had been given but with no cream, milk or sugar. By the time desserts and accompaniments arrived, the tea and coffee were both cold. The dessert wasn't anything to rave about either, very disappointing overall.
The entertainment however was fantastic, both the live singer and dj. The staff were both attentive and knowledgeable and the room and surroundings were beautiful
Overall we had a fantastic night and it was nice to do something different for a change but the food was a massive let down and we could have done better ourselves. Maybe we were wrong to expect too much from a set menu party night but considering the few tables, I and the rest of my party expected a whole lot more.
I'm not sure I would go back and because I also purchased a Champagne Afternoon Tea gift for family as a christmas gift, I now worry that they will be faced with the same disappointment when they book to experience the same.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank BobbiS S
Seaham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Celebrated a Christmas birthday with a large group of friends and family. The entire Twilight Spa experience was amazing from the point of booking to checking out. The Spa area was immaculate, so tranquil and relaxing. The Ozone restaurant very well organised, food was delicious served in wonderful surroundings. A special thank you to Amanda and all staff for a truly memorable time.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaham
Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa
#3 of 10 in Sunderland
Hardwicke Hall Manor Hotel
Hardwicke Hall Manor Hotel
#3 of 9 in Hartlepool

Been to Seaham Hall? Share your experiences!