“What a fantastic stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Tyne and Wear
“What a fantastic stay”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We stayed here for my 40th birthday (which the hotel knew about from our online booking form) and were told on arrival that we had been upgraded to the penthouse suite. We were stunned and thrilled. And my goodness the suite was gorgeous- WOW. We found what looked like home made chocolates (presented on a plate saying happy birthday in chocolate) and a birthday card- so thoughtful. We were given breakfast in our suite the following morning and sat in the lounge looking out at the fantastic sea views while we ate.
The spa is lovely- best we've been to- with so much to do, and although it was Friday not too busy. The pool is lovely and warm which makes a change from some of the cold pools we've used in other spas. And the outside jacuzzis-bliss on a cold day. I also had a fabulous facial from Hayley who was lovely- very professional and pleasant.
The hotel decor is lovely and the attention to detail is clear. Everything looks such good quality and is well thought out.
The only down side to our stay - which I'm slightly reluctant to say because I don't want it to detract from the rest of the review - was my main course in the blunos sea grill restaurant I chose the fillet steak which I asked to be medium to well done and it was way over done. Such a shame because the rest of my meal was lovely, and my husband very much enjoyed his meal.
This didn't spoil our stay at all - we really had a fantastic and relaxing break- made that way by the gorgeous hotel, super spa and excellent and attentive staff who couldn't do enough for us.
We wouldn't hesitate to recommend and we'll definitely be back

1 Thank emski5

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

My friend and I had a great spa day at Seaham at the end of jan.
We had a day spa package which included a great facial and massage. Lunch was gorgeous and the pool area, sauna, steam etc was quiet and wonderful. On top of that I had forgotten my swimsuit and one of the staff went out and bought me one!! What service!! Have done loads of spa days but this was exceptional, great friendly service, not too busy/rushed and not 'sold at' for the products - highly recommend.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank reb1968
Newcastle
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

My friend & I came here in the middle of January, we had the Boxing Day deal..
When we arrived we were greeted straight away by a lovely friendly man. The place is absolutely beautiful, we were so excited.
We got shown to our room which was absolutely amazing, whilst we were lying in bed we could look out the window and look at the seafront!
We then got changed & went straight down to the spa, also faultless! The service was second to none.
Unfortunately we then had a bad experience in the Asian restaurant.. The service just wasn't good enough, the waitress didn't even know the name of the wine we ordered.. In a place like that you would expect full knowledge of the wine menu. We then had a sharing started.. The fish cakes tasted like rubber you could hardly cut into them, I then had beef in an oyster sauce for my main course which I just didn't eat any of it was just so average.
This was very disappointing as every other aspect of our stay was absolute heaven!! The breakfast in the morning was perfection.
I would still definitely return here but wouldn't bother with the meal.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Bishop Auckland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We visited Seaham Hall for 1 nights stay for my fiancé's Christmas present. Everything about our stay was perfect from check in, to using the spa and eating in both restaurants. The staff were so welcoming and genuine. They all made us feel very comfortable. The room was amazing and included a free standing bath which we thought was a special touch! We had breakfast in our room on the morning which was lovely.
Seaham Hall has to be the nicest hotel overall that we have stayed in in the UK and can't wait to visit again in the very near future.

1 Thank Sarah H
Radcliffe, Manchester, England
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

I have just got back from Seaham Hall and Serenity Spa after an overnight stay for my birthday. Me and my husband were very impressed with the excellent service. All staff are helpful and friendly. We stayed in a junior suite and it was amazing. In the spa we both had treatments. Hayley who did my hot stone massage was absolutely fantastic, so helpful and friendly. In the evening we ate in the ozone - we can definitely recommend the Thai green curry! All in all a fantastic break, we will definitely be visiting again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KarenCottam
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 January 2014

We arrived for a lunch meal in the bar at Seaham Hall after Christmas. The service was first class and the food was much improved since our previous visit in November 2013. The staff were professional but also friendly and helpful in a typical North east manner

1 Thank trev l
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2014

both myself and my wife were blown away not only by the beauty and facility's at seaham hall, but also by how friendly and helpful the staff were, we will definitely be going back but for longer this time, our room and the spa were fantastic, didn't want to leave. thanks mr and mrs j smith.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaham
Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,004 reviews
Headlam Hall Hotel Spa & Golf
Durham Marriott Hotel Royal County
Radisson Blu Hotel Durham

Been to Seaham Hall? Share your experiences!