“Very relaxing visit”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Near Edinburgh
“Very relaxing visit”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My husband treated me to a night at Seaham Hall for Valentines.

We had a really lovely time.

We had a lovely room with a huge, very comfortable bed and a seperate sitting room. The bathroom was fab too with a roll top bath and a seperate shower.

We each had a massage at the spa and thoroughly enjoyed it. The spa facilities are amazing. Everything you need and more and no kids running around!

The staff are all very friendly and attentive, but not in your face, which we like.

The food was great too. A lovely dinner menu, not too many choices which I prefer as you know then, everything is really fresh and it was.

Will definately be back as we felt it was really good value.

Room Tip: We had room 14. It was SO quiet. You wouldn't know you were in a hotel!
1 Thank Alison V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Brilliant attentive but not fussy staff, nice and clean, fantastic spa, and food was amazing. Couldn't have been better!

Make use of the complimentary room upgrade shown on the trip advisor page - Garden Room was lovely, even though we didn't have the weather to enjoy the terrace.

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I would like to thank the staff of Seaham Hall for making our stay, for my wife's Birthday, a time we shall never forget. We had the executive suite and we were really impressed by the size and decor, especially the size of the bed. The nice touch of hand made chocolates on a plate with Happy Birthday written in chocolate was a nice touch. The bottle of Champagne we had tasted fantastic, and I'm not one for Champagne. We are already members of the Spa and so we know how impressive the facilities are in that respect and they look even better on a night when it's dark outside as the lighting is very relaxing around the pool. The food, mmm? I could not find one fault with our evening meal. Every mouthful was just made me go "Mmmm". The flavours where fantastic. I was really impressed. Martin Blunos did a brilliant job creating such a fantastic menu. I shall be looking forward with delight to our next stay in July for our wedding anniversary stay. Once again I would like to thank the very friendly staff for a stay.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Another fabulous time spent at Seaham Hall. It manages to revive us every time. The spa is still looking clean and well maintained.
Our garden suite was beautiful, I don't think we have stayed in a nicer room and the bed was incredibly comfortable.
Our meal in the Ozone didn't disappoint and we thoroughly enjoyed drinks in the main bar.
All staff were friendly, courteous and professional.
The extra touches were duly noted and helped to enhance the birthday treat for my husband.
We have already recommended to friends who are going to book ASAP.
We cannot fault the place on any level.

Room Tip: All suites are lovely.
Sidcup, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights as a birthday treat. Can sum up the experience with one word - WOW.
Suite was wonderful - spotless & so spacious. Nespresso coffee machine is great addition.
Byron the duck in the bathroom was a nice surprise and they are happy for you to take him away.
Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff - they always spoke to you - even asking what type of day you had when you got back. We came back rather cold & were offered tea in the bar - we would have just gone to our suite. I have to say that the service was of the same standard we had in the Savoy.
The spa is wonderful & you really feel like you are transported somewhere else.
A nice touch was the plate with chocolates & happy birthday written on it waiting for us in our suite.
Food was excellent & they were happy to accommodate any changes to dishes that you wanted - such as not having avocado in the crab starter. Also were happy to cook something that was not on the menu if you wanted it.
They moved the dinning room while we were there and its has a lot more atmosphere being in the bar area now.
My only negative is that we don't live nearby!!!!!

Sedgefield
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Would like to say a big thank you to seaham hall for a wonderful meal and experience last night. When we arrived we escorted to a beautiful private room, plied with champagne, nibbles and chat. Then the wonderful Samantha arrived to take our orders, helped with choices (spot on Sam!). Compliments to the chef and his team, exquisite food from start to finish, even though I dipped out on the soufflé (as there was only one left and I let my Son have it), so I guess we will have to go back so I can have one!. If you want a true dining experience then this is the place to go. Once again, thanks so much, you made my birthday a memorable one.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Tyne and Wear
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We stayed here for my 40th birthday (which the hotel knew about from our online booking form) and were told on arrival that we had been upgraded to the penthouse suite. We were stunned and thrilled. And my goodness the suite was gorgeous- WOW. We found what looked like home made chocolates (presented on a plate saying happy birthday in chocolate) and a birthday card- so thoughtful. We were given breakfast in our suite the following morning and sat in the lounge looking out at the fantastic sea views while we ate.
The spa is lovely- best we've been to- with so much to do, and although it was Friday not too busy. The pool is lovely and warm which makes a change from some of the cold pools we've used in other spas. And the outside jacuzzis-bliss on a cold day. I also had a fabulous facial from Hayley who was lovely- very professional and pleasant.
The hotel decor is lovely and the attention to detail is clear. Everything looks such good quality and is well thought out.
The only down side to our stay - which I'm slightly reluctant to say because I don't want it to detract from the rest of the review - was my main course in the blunos sea grill restaurant I chose the fillet steak which I asked to be medium to well done and it was way over done. Such a shame because the rest of my meal was lovely, and my husband very much enjoyed his meal.
This didn't spoil our stay at all - we really had a fantastic and relaxing break- made that way by the gorgeous hotel, super spa and excellent and attentive staff who couldn't do enough for us.
We wouldn't hesitate to recommend and we'll definitely be back

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank emski5
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaham
Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa
Durham Marriott Hotel Royal County
Hardwicke Hall Manor Hotel
Hardwicke Hall Manor Hotel
#3 of 9 in Hartlepool

Been to Seaham Hall? Share your experiences!