“Wonderful stay !!!!!!!”

Seaham Hall
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Seaham
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My husband and I have stayed at Seaham Hall a couple of times before, However I can say that I think this stay was undoubtedly the best !! We stayed in room 15 which remains absolutely stunning. The new restaurant was elegant and smart however it was relaxed and fun to eat in. The staff were extremely friendly and professional and this level of customer service is hard to find now. We loved the little touches , the hand written card that welcomed us and the email to thank us for our comment card and the welcome we had when we checked in. These are only little things however they mean a huge amount. The spa was wonderful and indulgent and I agree with countless other comments that it is going form strength to strength under the new management. The whole experience was relaxing luxury in beautiful surroundings with a warm and friendly elegant feel . We cant wait to stay again in September for our anniversary.

Room Tip: Room 15 has the most enormous bath in the room!!! as well as a stunning shower room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,536)

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Me and my husband stayed overnight as a relaxing break which is exactly what it was. The staff were friendly and polite and the hotel was modern and very clean. The spa facilities are an added bonus and not too overcrowded. The bed was very comfy and the breakfast delicious. I think the price based on a special promotion is very good and the hotel offers two good restaurants. We would recommend Seaham Hall as a perfect break from a busy week - it will be even better during the warmer months as the coast is a short walk away.

Room Tip: Our room was a Junior suite and was perfect without having to upgrade
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My fabulous husband booked a nights stay for us to celebrate my 40th birthday. As soon as we arrived in reception we knew we were going to love it!! Many thanks to Andrea who was such a warm friendly person & perfect for the job of welcoming guests to the hotel, such a credit to Seaham Hall! As we were shown to our room we were amazed at how gorgeous the building was, very clean & kept at a high standard. We really felt like royalty as we were shown to our room by Kevin who yet again was a credit to the hotel, very friendly & very helpful. We stayed in a junior suite upstairs which was fantastic & the decor was very modern yet contemporary. As I finally took a breath I noticed something on the table, an oval plate decorated with "Happy 40th Birthday" on it with little chocolates placed around it & a note to say "Have a lovely birthday & enjoy your stay!! Such a lovely thoughtful touch which was gorgeous! By this point I was on cloud nine so thought we should head down to the spa. It was such an experience & just what we needed to unwind & relax, we absolutely loved it!! We felt like we were a million miles away yet only 7 miles down the road! To be honest the whole experience of our stay was amazing & we will definitely be going back in the near future & would most certainly recommend it!!

Room Tip: We loved room 10 which was upstairs & on a corner so we had 2 windows which was lovely!
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed over on a Sunday night in March as a birthday treat. The customer service was above and beyond the expected. We had booked a junior suite and on arrival found we had been upgraded to a garden suite (with private garden). The staff were very professional and welcoming throughout the stay, and couldn't do enough to help - they all obviously took pride in their jobs. On arriving in our suite, there was a written note from the Manager, along with handmade chocolates wishing me a "Happy Birthday" - such a lovely gesture. The room was beautifully decorated and spacious, with a huge bed and living area, with a separate dressing area. The bathroom was huge, the free standing bath was pure luxury, and the private garden lovely. We went along to the spa which was busy, unfortunately there were no available seats around the pool, so we used the spa facilities - sauna's, jacuzzi's, etc., and after a dip in the pool we headed back to the room. We both had one of the best night's sleep and I can honestly say it was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. The full English breakfast was lovely, and the service was attentive but not intrusive. I have to say that the "milk bottle" won me over completely (you'll have to go to see what I mean :0)). We headed back to the spa which was much quieter this time, and enjoyed having one of the outside jacuzzi's to ourselves for a while, before heading inside for a swim and to use the spa facilities again. The correspondence received both before and after our stay was a nice gesture and shows the emphasis they put on customer satisfaction. Can honestly say I can't wait to go back as it was fabulous and faultless.

Room Tip: "Garden suite" with private garden highly recommended
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My daughter, sister and myself had afternoon tea at Seaham Hall, what an experience,I have had tea at several other venues but none of them came close to the service or the quality and variety of food we had in the Byron Bar. The food we could not eat was boxed up for us to take away.
Sam and her staff make every guest feel at ease and nothing is too much trouble, the Byron bar is beautiful and so comfortable it's very difficult to leave.
I would recommend everyone to pop in to the Byron bar at Seaham hall even if it is just to have a coffee to soak up the salubrious surroundings and meet the very accommodating staff, I am certain that like myself you will return again and again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank anita190832
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We had a girls trip to Seaham Hall which was perfect. However, what made the trip so special was not the wonderful rooms with fantastic facilities, the incredible spa or the delicious food but the lovely staff who were so friendly and helpful and could not have been more welcoming and helpful.
We will be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The hotel exceeded all expectations - the staff were brilliant and very accommodating and the rooms devine... they were huge! and the Spa was superb... all in all a very relaxing experience and one of which i will definitely be repeating!! (We all agreed that we were going to make it an annual experience from now on). Thanks to all for making it such a special weekend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaham
Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa
#2 of 10 in Sunderland
Hardwicke Hall Manor Hotel
Hardwicke Hall Manor Hotel
#3 of 9 in Hartlepool

Been to Seaham Hall? Share your experiences!