“Treat Me Tuesday! Excellent!”
Review of Seaham Hall

Seaham Hall
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Seaham
GreenLeadersSilver level
Durham, United Kingdom
“Treat Me Tuesday! Excellent!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary here last week and we were not disappointed! Staff were very friendly from the moment we got there and it continued throughout our overnight stay.

Great value and we enjoyed every minute. Beautiful suite, great massage, fantastic spa facilities and an enjoyable meal at the ozone restaurant - I found the dining in your robe (that is considered acceptable) to be a little weird and that can be my only negative. It is of course a choice, but we chose not to dine in a robe and slippers for our anniversary.

Great cocktails at the bar followed by visit to the sports bar were you can play pool, fussball or watch the giant plasma mounted on the wall.

We chose to pay an additional £10 to have breakfast served to our room. This included a full English followed by fruit and pastries with tea and coffee.

All in all a very enjoyable stay. Great value and we will definitely do it again in the future!

1 Thank GJCaesar100

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Top notch hotel- great rooms, superb facilities, good food and attentive staff.

We had lunch in the Spa restaurant which is Asian themed and the selection had by our party of 4 went down well. The restaurant itself is a bit soulless however you couldn't fault the quality of the food, the dim sums are full of flavour!

We had dinner in the Grill which is a lovely room with a real party feel at night. We had a varied selection including the scallops, fresh fish picky tea and tomatoes/mozzarella for starters and steak, salmon and halibut fir mains. The food was well presented and full of flavour - all in all, a great food experience.

We also had the additional entertainment of the local Del Boy dining with his partner, which he let everyone know about with lots of shouting and look at me behaviour. I'm sure he's the kingpin in his own kitchen. The staff dealt with it brilliantly so apart from the obvious irritation caused, it at least generated a talking point!

We will be going back as the complete package makes a worthwhile and great value experience.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

There's not much I can say really other than to state that every aspect of our stay at this hotel was fantastic.
We went as a group of five (all family), taking three suites - all of which we absolutely exquisite. Despite being the 'Junior' suites they were still huge, with beautiful views and stunning bathrooms - and the comfiest bed I think I've ever slept in.
The entire hotel is spotlessly clean, and all the staff so friendly, kind and welcoming - especially at reception.
We made full use of the spa and had fantastic treatments (massages and facials) and ate in the Ozone restaurant, where the food is stunning. The spa is incredibly relaxing and there are so many different treatments and areas on offer that it was easy to completely de-stress.
We had a delicious breakfast and a wonderful evening meal. The food was faultless - cannot praise highly enough the delicious steak I had, as well as the beautiful scallop starter. My Husband said the dessert he had was the best he'd ever tasted (and he's a bit of dessert man!). Cocktail menu is also great, and the bartender said it was his own created menu - all credit to him as mine was delicious!
If I had to mention anything that wasn't exceptional, it would be that the service in the restaurant was a little slow. It's great enjoying a relaxing meal, but not so much having to get up and get your own menus after ten minutes; it's worth mentioning, as, whilst it certainly wasn't poor, just tweaking the restaurant service slightly will mean every aspect of this hotel is flawless.
We loved it and will certainly return.

Room Tip: Every suite is stunning.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stayed as a couple for one night 10th May in room 14. They suite was beautifully positioned in a turret at the end of the Hall overlooking the spa.It was very comfortable with an oval style lounge with decked balcony and a seperate bedroom and bathroom. The Elemis toiletries were a real treat.The decor is a little tired but nothing off putting.We would definately book this room again.
The spa is really exceptional and I dont understand the reviews saying that its dated.The walk to the spa through the tunnel is really fantastic, and the facilities top notch.We both felt very relaxed.
We ate in the newly decorated Grill and it was okay. I have had better meals (Eshott Hall for example) with none of the pretentiousness. There was an imposing maitre d and a french chef who brought a nice little selection of breads, but did not leave them on the table, instead we had to select 2 form the 3 he brought.For the cost of the meal, I had expected perhaps an amuse-bouche to be offered. The wine cellars are impressive and no complaints there. Some of the presentation of the dishes was a bit cliche for example serving the hollandaise in a real eggshell. Yawn.The decor is opulent although slightly remeniscant of some of the clubs on the quayside and there is a mismatch between different areas within the hotel.
All in all we had a lovely time and would stay over and use the spa again, but wouldn't bother with the Grill restraunt. The decor was too OTT and the dishes lacked original thought.

Room Tip: Room 14 is alarge 1st floor suite in a turret overlooking the spa.
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed here for two nights and a spa day at the Serenity Spa for my 21st and it was amazing!!!!
I am a local to Seaham and it was like being transported into another world.
The Hotel was beautifully decorated and well kept.
The staff were incredibly polite and attentive and made you feel very special, everywhere I went I was greeted with a Happy Birthday. I could not want for anything. It was Hospitality Heaven I felt like a movie star.

I thought with it being a stately home and a posh place I might have felt out of place but I did not.
The hotel and spa was super relaxed and I wore the big white hotel robe for most of my stay.
Room was also amazing and bigger than my flat to my dismay and my favorite thing of all was the Bath which was free standing and huge and my bed that was four pillows wide!!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Greeted on arrival by Kevin who helped with luggage and escorted us to a beautiful luxurious suite ( No 5 ), check in was flawless and friendly making us feel so welcome and at ease, and all requests ( Flowers in room etc. ) we're followed to the letter with extras to make our anniversary that little bit more special.

Kevin explained the rooms features fantastically and showed us to the Byron Bar, Ozone restaurant and to the amazingly well equipped Spa.

Our whole experience of Seaham Hall was breathtaking with excellent friendly service from the staff, delicious food and excellent choice of beverages with a luxurious romantic feel throughout the hotel and beautiful grounds.

The Spa and treatments are second to none, while the staff and atmosphere of this environment helped us to relax and loose ourselves in the ambience of it all.

With an unwillingness to leave, check out was again flawless with Kevin on hand to collect our car and load the luggage for us and amazingly friendly and helpful reception staff, our experience of Seaham Hall has created some of our best memory's to date.

We are already planning our next stay at Seaham Hall and highly recommend if you have not stayed here before to book up this instant as we can guarantee you will not be disappointed with any aspect this hotel has to offer.

Thank you all once again for making our stay perfect and we will definitely see you again sometime in the near future for a longer stay this time.........

Kind regards

Paul & Emma

• Stayed May 2014
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed here on 9/5/14 for our 22nd wedding anniversary the moment we arrived I knew I was going to love the place staff took my bags straight away up to our room. When we got in our room there was a plate with happy anniversary wrote on it in chocolate & chocolates for us. We went to the spa and was amazed at how much there was hamman was my favourite so relaxing. The grounds were very nice plenty of space for a wander & so close to the beach it feels like a different world. We gad breakfast delivered to us this was an extra ten pounds but so worth it service was brilliant u could choose what ever you liked I enjoyed the cooked breakfast & john couldn't decide so he chose cereal egg on toast & croissants I had to have a nibble chocolate one was soooo good mmm. I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who helped make our say a memorable one. Mr & mrs J slater.

• Stayed May 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaham
Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa
Headlam Hall Hotel Spa & Golf
Hardwicke Hall Manor Hotel
Hardwicke Hall Manor Hotel
#3 of 9 in Hartlepool

Been to Seaham Hall? Share your experiences!