“Exceeded our expectations”

Seaham Hall
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Seaham
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed at Seaham Hall for one night to celebrate our silver wedding anniversary. A wonderful hotel in a lovely peaceful setting and the customer service was amazing.
On arrival we were informed that we had received an upgrade to the Penthouse suite- wow, what a room! The spa was excellent , with a large pool and outdoor hot tubs. The treatments we had booked, a well being massage and a foot ritual, were both excellent .
We ate in Byron's grill - a lovely room with a very relaxed atmosphere. The food was wonderful , especially the steak which was cooked exactly to our requirements.
The staff at the hotel, all of them from the moment we arrived to the moment we left, warrant a special mention for their amazing customer service. They were all very welcoming and friendly and at the same time, very professional and nothing was too much trouble for them. The special touches in our room because of our anniversary were very much appreciated- it is the little touches that make a big difference and at Seaham Hall they seem to have it just right.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AndyBram
Write a ReviewReviews (1,506)

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary at Seaham Hall and had an amazing time - rooms were spacious and modern with a luxurious king size bed, food was outstanding and the staff were friendly and accommodating. Thoroughly enjoyed the spa and felt pampered and well looked after throughout. Will definitely be back for our 21st next year.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Bit late in writing review but deserves a mention. My Husband and I booked for Easter weekend treat. Overall we really enjoyed our stay. I'm sure our room was upgraded but no one mentioned this to us. But looking at pictures on website we definately got better room than expected. Very nice thank you. The room was huge, on corner of building so lots of windows with great views. The walkway from room to spa was so relaxing,lovely and interesting things along the way to admire,perfect atmosphere to arrive at spa. The spa was good but we felt bit disorientated at first. We arrived in our robes and slippers from our room and didn't realise we could get fresh ones from the spa also. The lady who was attending was very nice and quickly brought fresh robes,slippers and towels when she realised ours were wet. There was only water on offer as refreshment which I thought could have been better (maybe juice or even fruit pieces). The hot tub outside was nice and relaxing. Back to room and readly for evening meal. We had pre dinner drink at bar first then we were called through to restaurant. The meal was lovely and staff very attentitive. Beds were very comfortable. Next morning we had very nice breakfast then had a walk around the grounds before home time. I would say was very enjoyable stay. As a 5* hotel I would say not on par with Rockcliffe Hall but the staff were all lovely and hotel and grounds very nice also.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at Seaham Hall yesterday. We arrived just after 12pm to use the spa before we could check in at 3pm. Someone was already checking in infront of us, so a member of staff promply met us and said they would show us along to the spa so we could check in later. She led us from the hotel through to the spa - the walkway is very tranquil. She casually asked what name we were booking in under, when my husband told her she said oh how lovely and it's your birthday? I was very impressed she knew this without the computer in front of her. On arriving at the spa we were offered a choice of welcome drink and had to quickly fill in some details for the spa. They then showed us the facilities and how to use the lockers. We were provided a robe and slippers to use in the spa. The spa is beautiful, clean and very relaxing. There are plenty of rooms to relax in, sauna, steam room, etc. The hot tubs outside were so warm and fab to sit in while the sun was shining. Fresh water is always being provided for all to have. At 3pm we went for our 55 minute wellbeing body massage, this was fabulous. After the massage we were shown to a relaxing room and given a fresh fruit plate to enjoy. We then decided to go back to the hotel to check in and see our room.
Check is was quick and Kevin who showed us to our room was very friendly and helpful. Wow the room was amazing. It was very big, with a little corridor from our door to our bedroom and another door leading to the equally large bathroom. Pure luxuary. My husband even had a happy birthday message on a card for him with a chocolate cupcake and the words happy birthday wrote in chocolate - lovely touch. I've seen reviews on here about the beds being big, but believe me they are huge and oh so comfortable. In the room there is also a mini bar and snack pack that you can buy if you choose, which I thought was very useful. One we had unpacked all our things we went to the Ozone restaurant for a 2 course meal. This was beautiful and the staff were very attentive. Unfortunatly we were too full to sample desert. After a wander round the extensive and well kept grounds, we then made a visit to the 'man cave' games room. This has a huge TV in (must be atleast 60"), a massive pool table and a table football. It was great just to be able to play on these games free of charge. After being beaten by my hubby at each game we went back to our room, changed into swimming stuff, put on our posh robes and slippers and had a wander back to the spa to relax for the night until 10pm. We then retired to our room and sank into the comfortable bed.
After a great nights sleep we went for breakfast at 8am in the byrons bar. Service was quick and very friendly. The choices for breakfast are varied and cooked/presented beautifully. We returned to the spa for another couple of hours before it was time for us to check out at 12pm.
I completed the comments card in the room, giving thanks to the staff for a brilliant nights stay, 2 hours after leaving the hall I received an email to say thank you very much for the lovely comments card - this just topped off our stay, great to feel that my comments had actually been read and appreciated.
So on whole I would totally recommend this hotel. It is full of special touches to make any stay wonderful. The staff are all fantastic and the facilities are fabulous. Totally worth looking at the special deals on their own website if you want to do something very special.

Room Tip: We had room 5 which was on a corner so had 2 lovely views, but I've heard all the rooms are big...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jaxski
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Had a night stay via Secret Escapes with my lovely sister for a girlie catch up and the hotel and staff were faultless. The bed was just so comfy, bathroom luxurious and the room had a lovely view of the gardens. Very quiet and peaceful. The restaurant and breakfast were fantastic and we made full use of the Serenity Spa. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Our room was superb and think they probably all are
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed here as a wedding guest, amazing hotel with top quality spa facilities. Fab views from all of the windows in our room. The staff are very attentive and make you feel welcome as soon as you arrive, our room was out of this world, the bed was the best I've ever slept in, so comfortable. A visit to the spa was amazing. Everything from the decor to the pool. Breakfast the next morning was also fabulous, again the staff couldn't be anymore helpful. I would highly recommend Seaham Hall to anyone from couples wanting a romantic night or to girls wanting a spa day. Fantastic and I can't wait to return for another stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Booked here, just as a bit of a de-stress, and was not disappointed. The staff were very friendly and attentive. The room we were given was huge, and had the most comfy bed I had ever slept in. The spa area was nice, we even managed to secretly gawk at Jason Donovan who was there too. You can't say fairer than that ha ha. But cor blimey! £12 for an iceberg lettuce, what's that about!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank YoohooUk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaham
Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa
Headlam Hall Hotel Spa & Golf
Hardwicke Hall Manor Hotel
Hardwicke Hall Manor Hotel
#3 of 9 in Hartlepool

Been to Seaham Hall? Share your experiences!