“Daylight robbery”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 May 2012 via mobile

We visited this restaurant quite excited as it's close to where we live.
The service was faultless. I ordered a special main course from the board which was 19.95 so I was expecting a lovely meal , my husband ordered fillet steak wrapped in. My food arrived it was 2 pieces of monk fish about the size of a 50p pieces they 2 scallops about the size of 5 pences and I prawn with two prawn heads? We did complain and they did bring 2 more but for the price portions were not worth it. My husbands steak was 22.00 and had 2 small squares of bacon on top it was not wrapped like it said on the menu and it was sitting on bread and pate which made the steak look big on the plate. The steak also had a lot of gristle . £82.00 we paid for the pleasure. Later in the week we got dinner bed and breakfast at a hotel for £99?
They would have to pay us to go back.
Really disappointing!

2  Thank Tprice1

Reviewed 5 May 2012

Like many we are great fans of Italian food and have sampled numerous restaurants over the years. The recently opened Massimos is a delight. It is located on the seafront in Seaham Harbour with ample parking available for those traveling in from afar. The service is friendly' efficient and not over bearing. We have sampled the wares on two evenings in the past eight days. The happy hour is ridiculously cheap with a choice of two courses for £6.95 or £8.95 if you choose a chicken dish. I have had the mushrooms on both occasions and Penne sicilia and their own lasagna. Both main courses were fresh and full of flavour. A bottle of Sauvignon Blanc is £13.95. The prices outside of the happy hour are reasonable too.

We have tried many of the Italian restaurants in the North east and I am unable to think of a finer restaurant in terms of atmosphere and quality . Granted I may be a little biased as I love Seaham Harbour and Massimos is a two minute walk from my home.

Keep up the good work.