“Still one of the best”
Review of The Serenity Spa

The Serenity Spa
Ranked #2 of 17 things to do in Seaham
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted as the Best Spa in the North East by Good Spa Guide 2016 and Best Spa for Style by The Sunday Times and Best UK Spa Destination by Conde Nast Traveller The Serenity Spa at Seaham Hall is a place where water is used to pamper, indulge and relax you.Inspired by Feng Shui, you will discover a place that is oriental in design, with teak, granite and limestone everywhere amid an atmosphere of complete calm. Choose from over forty different treatments or one of our Day Rituals.
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I booked a spa day as a special treat for me and my best friend and we had a fantastic day. The spa has had some renovations since I was last there (last time it was looking a bit tired). The treatments (Hot Stone Massage and a Facial) were fantastic, (there was no hard sell, trying to get you to buy products) and the fresh fruit in the relaxation room was a nice touch. Lunch in the Ozone restaurant was delicious as always although it was hard to pick what to have as it all sounded good.

The pool, jacuzzis, steam room etc were brilliant and these help Seaham Hall stand out as one of the best spas in the country. My only slight complaint was that there seemed to be a lot of discarded towels on the beds etc around the pool but it wasn't really an issue.

A fab relaxing day and will hopefully be back again soon.

All reviews
"relaxing evening"
in 4 reviews
"superb facilities"

Reviewed 4 November 2013

The Spa is in desperate need of a refurbishment. We went with friends for a spa day and while it had a large warm pool, an outside jacuzzi and large sauna/steam and other rooms it is starting to look a little tired and grubby round the edges. The beds were shabby and needed replacing. The water was in a smart glass jug dispenser thing and it just didn't have the feel of a luxury resort. We then stayed for dinner the food was excellent but again the restaurant is looking tired and in much need of an update. Go to try it but if you are an avid spa goer, don't bother until it has a massive refurbishment and overhaul.

2  Thank Northeasttrips
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Visited here for my anniversary with my husband. I had been before & really enjoyed it.

We both loved the experience, it was very relaxing & my husband loved it too. There is plenty to do in terms of saunas, steam room etc. the only gripe was I noticed a few people struggled to get loungers round the pool.

There was plenty of people there but it didn't seem busy & only once or twice when we used the facilities were we accompanied by other guests.

We had a 2 course meal in the restaurant afterwards & the food was absolutely delicious. I would defiantly return to Serenity Spa & recommend it to everyone, a lovely relaxing get away for an afternoon!

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Serenity spa has to be one of the North premier spa, everything about it is wonderful and I bring friends here on a regular basis, the deals that they do are great value and actually I like this place because its generally quiet, which of course isn't good for them but its great for us, so maybe I should rate this special place 0 stars so we can have it for ourselves , no I'm kidding, do go and check it out you won't regret it.