“You will need VERY deep pockets”
Review of The Serenity Spa

The Serenity Spa
Ranked #2 of 18 things to do in Seaham
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted as the Best Spa in the North East by Good Spa Guide 2016 and Best Spa for Style by The Sunday Times and Best UK Spa Destination by Conde Nast Traveller The Serenity Spa at Seaham Hall is a place where water is used to pamper, indulge and relax you.Inspired by Feng Shui, you will discover a place that is oriental in design, with teak, granite and limestone everywhere amid an atmosphere of complete calm. Choose from over forty different treatments or one of our Day Rituals.
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Attached to the SEAHAM HALL HOTEL. the spa offers a wide range of treatments all of which are delivered by top notch experts. The prices however, for the hotel and treatments are astronomical, and I do mean BIG....

There are newer reviews for The Serenity Spa

Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Visited on 22nd November for one of the packages for £165pp. It was a present for my mum's 50th and my 18th and all I can say is.... Best money ever spent. We both had 3 treatments, ginger and lime body scrub, body massage and a facial. Both me and my mother fell asleep during the facials as we were that relaxed! We had full use of the spa facilities such as the swimming pool, saunas, Jacuzzis etc. We could order drinks at any time which I thoroughly recommended the hot chocolate. We had lunch at the ozone restaurant which was Devine! Again I can certainly recommend the chocolate and cardamom mousse cake. Was delicious. If I had to pick a best bit about the day, I really couldn't. It was more than perfect. I have also never met a more attentive set of staff. The minute of walking through the door we were shown to a sofa to fill out Forms, receive our treatment programs and offered a glass of fresh orange juice. We were then given a tour of the spa and shown to our lockers. For the treatments we had Natalie and Ashley who were fantastic! Overall would I come back? ABSOLUTELY YES!!!! Even saving up now as we speak. I have found my heaven! Thank you x

Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

We love this local spa and we try to visit every few months for a relaxing day and treatment and this time was no different.

We visited on a Sunday and the spa was reasonably quiet and we started the day with a massage each in a double treatment room. The room was lovely and spacious and we were given plenty of time to undress / dress afterwards. The actual deep tissue massage was great, slightly painful but we both felt great afterwards.

We then dined in the ozone restaurant included in the price of our day. There were only 3 other couples eating but the service and food were fantastic.

The pool area was undergoing some refurbishment but this didn't stop us enjoying it and by no means were we disturbed by any of the ongoing work. There is also two outdoor hot tubs, two plunge pools, an indoor spa jacuzzi type area and a steam room / sauna.

The only thing I was slightly disappointed over is that the fruit platters were no longer situated in the chill out room to help yourself too when you fancy.

Apart from this it's a fantastic venue and we'll no doubt be treating ourselves to another visit soon.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I booked a spa day as a special treat for me and my best friend and we had a fantastic day. The spa has had some renovations since I was last there (last time it was looking a bit tired). The treatments (Hot Stone Massage and a Facial) were fantastic, (there was no hard sell, trying to get you to buy products) and the fresh fruit in the relaxation room was a nice touch. Lunch in the Ozone restaurant was delicious as always although it was hard to pick what to have as it all sounded good.

The pool, jacuzzis, steam room etc were brilliant and these help Seaham Hall stand out as one of the best spas in the country. My only slight complaint was that there seemed to be a lot of discarded towels on the beds etc around the pool but it wasn't really an issue.

A fab relaxing day and will hopefully be back again soon.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

The Spa is in desperate need of a refurbishment. We went with friends for a spa day and while it had a large warm pool, an outside jacuzzi and large sauna/steam and other rooms it is starting to look a little tired and grubby round the edges. The beds were shabby and needed replacing. The water was in a smart glass jug dispenser thing and it just didn't have the feel of a luxury resort. We then stayed for dinner the food was excellent but again the restaurant is looking tired and in much need of an update. Go to try it but if you are an avid spa goer, don't bother until it has a massive refurbishment and overhaul.

2  Thank Northeasttrips