“Disappointed”

Ranked #16 of 60 Restaurants in Seaham
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Some staff members were very friendly but the majority were walking around with such a face on, wishing they were somewhere else! Very rude! My food was nice, however clearly microwaved. The pub is great inside, however the location of the place ruins it! :( Don't think I'll be back. Sorry

1  Thank Happychap123
Hat F, Manager at The Hat and Feathers, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2014

Hello,

Firstly I would like to thank you for your feedback. Secondly, I would like to apologise for the experience you have had.

We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service at all times and to hear this is disappointing. We will be making sure that in the future, all of our staff are welcoming and that all our customers receive the service they deserve.

Unfortunately, the location is out of our control but the service is not, so I hope to see you back in the pub again one day in the near future.

Thanks, Chris

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I went to visit Seaham Harbour and started by having lunch at The Hat and Feathers, it was an excellent meal in every way. The food was well prepared, served quickly by staff who were very good at their jobs. There is very good wheelchair access to all areas especially toilets. After the meal we went to see the new statue commemorating the end of the first world war, a very moving experience. We then went to the marina and had a coffee in The Lookout café overlooking the sea. An excellent day out.

This is a comment that the whole of Seaham should be proud of, not just ourselves. The fact that you had a great time here, then along the seafront, before finishing off in The Lookout is a great advertisement for the town.

Seaham is a beautiful place with alot of interesting things to see/do, so the more people that experience it the better.

Seeing comments that the staff are good at their jobs is a fantastic one, as we invest alot of time making sure we are as good as we can be at all times.

Thanks again for this feedback, it really does mean alot.

Chris

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We call in regularly for a drink & sometimes something to eat. We have always have a good time & for value for money it cant be beaten. It s not gourmet food but its not gourmet prices, you get what you pay for. Staff are always friendly a great addition to Seaham

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Rock hard and dried out stuffing balls, not enough gravy (although they got us more when we asked) portion size was a bit poor, vegetables were awful and over cooked. I had chicken which was dry, my husband had beef which he claimed was tough. You do get a drink in with the price but to be honest I would rather pay the extra to get a better meal, we both ended up leaving most of our meal

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Visited this venue several times now, Food has always been very well cooked and presented. Value for money is second to none, free drink given with every meal on Club deal Days. The staff and management have always been very friendly and attentive. If you have not been to the H & F I would thoroughly recommend that you do soon. I will be, Enjoy *****