“Lunch visit”

Price range: US$4 - US$34
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 14 July 2014

A pleasant visit to the Lamp Room today. A nice simple menu. Food was very nice. We tried the chicken kiev sandwich and bacon, brie and cranberry panini, served with chips and onion rings.

The Lamp Room seems very popular and service was excellent. Will be back to try the Tapas sometime soon.

2  Thank David L
There are newer reviews for The Lamp Room

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Visited the Lamp room on Friday night in a party of 10. We were welcomed straight away and shown immediately to our table. We were at the front of the restaurant and could witness the hustle and bustle of the terrace green.
Whilst we perused the menu we ordered a raspberry prosecco cocktail each and it was beautiful.
Most of us decided to opt for the five dishes for £20.
I personally had halloumi and chorizo, patatas bravas, chicken and chorizo paella, sliders (trip of burgers) and arancini (mozarella and risotto balls)
Other members from the party chose different dishes and all plates were cleaned. I was a little worried where 50 dishes were going to b placed but this wasn't a problem as they were served on a stackable tower.
We sampled a few jugs of sangria and this was delicious...made with ginger beer I believe.
The restaurant was very busy with not an empty table but this did not effect service at all. On numerous occasions staff came to see if everything was ok.
I can't wait to visit again...everybody must try!

1  Thank catherinelumsden
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I live only a few yards from the Lamp Room so visit quite often, I have never been disappointed whether for breakfast, lunch or just coffee and cake. Tonight we had booked for the tapas menu and I was blown away! The cocktails are fantastic and the food is exceptional. Best calamari I think I have ever tasted. The staff were knowledgeable , friendly and efficient and take great pride in the food they are serving. All I can say is that you really ought to try it.

2  Thank mommiedearest59
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Went there yesterday after a recommendation from a friend! Definitely one of the best recommendations we have received! The place isn't big, yet as soon as you get in you see clean tables and floor, nicely arranged, smiled and polite staff, very cozy atmosphere. We ordered our food and to be honest it took a while, which isn't always a good sign when the place isn't busy and there were barely 5 people in. So I had some mixed feelings....until the food arrived!!!!!!!!!My husband's home made burger was probably the best HOME MADE (for real) burger I have ever seen and tasted, home made (for real) coleslaw and salad with really nice dressing, not sure whether the chippies were home made, yet I was really happy to establish they weren't just made in the morning and then microwaved! I had lasagne and taken how fussy I am when it comes to dishes with mince, I must say: hats down to the chef! Absolutely perfect quantity of salt, oil and flavours (in general) to my taste! Amazing! Garnish was the same as my hubby's and it also came with a slice of bread: not sure the exact name of it, but it was fresh, juicy and really, really tasty!!!!
I must say we were impressed and we will DEFINITELY BE COMING BACK!!!!!
PS: I pay special attention to the toilets at restaurants and places where food is served: those were immaculate even at the end of the work day!
HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE!

3  Thank Sil V
Reviewed 30 June 2014

went with 3 young children and 4 adults for late lunch, staff were helpful and pleasant. Food was very good and the iced apple tea was lovely, leave it as long as possible to drink as its better the stronger it gets!

1  Thank TACKLETART1974