We stayed in Room 10, which is a suite with a bedroom and separate sitting room. The bedroom has a nice big double bed, and bunk beds for the children, whilst the sitting room is a good size with two sofas, a TV and big coffee table to spread the papers out on.
The bathroom has a decent size bath with a very good shower above it, and has 'White Horse' branded shampoo and shower gel which is a nice touch.
My only criticism is that the floor of the room above has very very creaky floorboards, which really took the shine off the whole stay. The people in the room above had 2 babies and were up a few times in the night, and they woke us up each time because their floor, our ceiling, made a real racket when they moved about. Not just a few little creaks - a real racket. If the hotel owner reads this review - please have the floor sorted, it spoilt an otherwise perfect stay.
The pub and hotel (there isn't much hotel to be honest, its more like a pub with rooms), are lovely - great food, great beer, delicious Suffolk Cider, nice wine, and best of all the staff are very friendly and there are lots of them! We stayed with 2 young children and a between us we have a couple of food intolerances (i.e. gluten-free, that kind of thing); the staff were very understanding, discrete and helpful, which makes staying away from home so much easier - well done and thank you!
Blakeney is a wonderful little village; the north coast is a bit overpriced in places, thanks to the demand from 'down south', but the White Horse is good value for money (it's not cheap mind you, but the excellent service and friendly staff meant I was happy to spend my money). Breakfast was delicious, having the time to read the morning paper a real luxury, evening meals wonderful, bed comfortable, children happy and well fed (the children's meals were excellent - proper food, well done the chef), so all in all a very relaxing break. I would recommend this hotel to everyone I meet - the friendly and helpful staff (and owner) make it really special, I will definitely be going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Blakeney Quay on the beautiful North Norfolk coast, The White Horse is a cosy and welcoming pub with characterful accommodation. Ideally situated for walking the North Norfolk Coastal Path and for exploring the coast and surrounding villages. Three rooms, numbers 1, 8 and 9, enjoy views of the coastal marshes and sea beyond. Rooms 2, 3, 6 and 10 look out on to Blakeney's quiet narrow High Street. Room 10, our suite, can sleep up to six people and has a separate living room and its own on-street entrance. Rooms 5 and 7 overlook the courtyard. In your room you'll find tea and coffee-making facilities and a hairdryer as well as fresh towels and toiletries. All of our rooms feature en-suite bathrooms with either a shower and / or a bath. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your The White Horse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Horse Hotel, Blakeney Hotel Blakeney
- The White Horse Blakeney, Norfolk