“Great evening”
Review of Bishop's Boats

Bishop's Boats
Ranked #2 of 6 things to do in Blakeney
More attraction details
Owner description: Daily boat trips to see the seals ( guaranteed )IMPORTANT PLEASE NOTE Sadly, but with some degree of relief I have decided to no longer respond to any trip advisor reports from November 2016 onwards. I have always been pleased that Bishops Boats responded appropriately ( I hope ) to every one and thank you all for the generally great reviews, and the feedback from the very few not so great ones. There are also a few very unfair and unjustifiable ones included also. To the few trolls our there, you don't realy win because your comments are transparent and a waste of only your own time, no longer mine. Compliments are easy but complaints ( especially spurious ones ) are incredibly time consuming and while every genuine customer is very important to us it is with 136 reviews( most are good or excellent) to date, over 4 years it is a tiny proportion of our business consuming an inappropriate amount of time. This I believe is because TA is generally a sounding board ( at least originally ) for bad catering and accommodation experiences. It may have grown beyond its own natural capacity as everything it seems can now be rated, but is often only done if things go wrong or someone has has a grudge or a gripe. Please do feel free to comment I am grateful, but please try to be fair and be truthful. I will occasionally now look at reviews and take on board comments.I will not check religiously any longer in case I have inadvertently upset someone, or someone has got something wrong. If things go wrong I will put them right on the day as always where I can, if appropriate comments are made then, not after the event! I will no longer comment on posts whether good, bad, indifferent or fake. If you have a genuine complaint you can tell as many people as you like about it on the internet, but if you really want something done about it please speak to me! Thank you for taking the time for past and future comments. Paul Bishop - owner - Bishops Boats Seal Trips
Reviewed 24 April 2014

So glad we booked this and it is a must do in the Blakeney area.

Very easy to book, called the number on the board at Blakeney harbour and choose date / time. We managed to get a 6.00pm trip and with the great weather we knew it was going to be a good trip. Would say it took 20 minutes to get to the seals but so worth it - there must have been 70 odd seals on the beaches and was a joy to see them come near the boat. Jumpers are needed!

Be prepared to have plenty of change for parking - your advised to get to the boat gangway 15 minutes early BUT the car park charges are hefty before 6.00pm. So it's not great that you have to pay the full price of a few hours parking for essentially 15 minutes. We took our chances and didn't pay (naughty).

Overall a great evening and if you have kids they will love it.

Paul B, Owner at Bishop's Boats, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thanks for taking the time to give a nice review. Early evening & early mornings are usually the best ( and often the quietest) trips. Parking fees are virtually unavoidable at Morston unless you are a National Trust member, the fee is for all day, but there is a nice walk from Blakeney if you prefer.

All reviews
"blakeney point"
in 34 reviews
"seal trip"
in 14 reviews
"national trust car park"
"seal of approval"
"coastal path"
"local wildlife"
"saw seals"

Reviewed 20 April 2014

A brilliant trip to see loads of seals which the kids will love. Watch out for the car parking fees though or you will get fleeced twice. First park at the village hall for free when you arrive at Blakeney and walk down (it's only a 5 minutes walk and will save you £4). You will then find that the boats all leave from Morston Quay, a mile down the road. If you park in the car park though you will get stung for another £3.50 unless you are a National Trust member. Hence again park in the spaces at the top of the road (near the Anchor pub) and walk down again (5-10 minutes). This way you'll have a great day out and save yourself £7.50.

1  Thank 1968John
Paul B, Owner at Bishop's Boats, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thanks for a great review. You can avoid parking fees in Blakeney (£3 for all day - or free to National trust members) by booking in advance & 'pulling' up at Blakeney Quay for your tickets. You can, as you did park for free in some places in Blakeney. You can walk to Morston ( apx half hour along the bank footpath). Parking at Anchor pub is naughty unless you are a customer- they have very limited parking spaces themselves!

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I called a month in advance to book this - I would recommend booking as it's very popular! Also, as they advise, wear warm clothes as it gets quite chilly!

We picked up our tickets in the car park at Blakeney Quay then had to drive to a nearby village to find the boat - which was a bit of a trek down the quay but nevertheless we found it! They cram a lot of people on to the boat so it did get quite cosy...

There were lots of seals - I was only expecting to see 1 or 2 and would have been happy with that - but there were literally 50 odd seals sunbathing and swimming! They were super cute and the boats slowed down so you can take plenty of photos!

The boat drivers also give lots of interesting seal and bird facts which was an added bonus!

All in all a lovely afternoon out!

Paul B, Owner at Bishop's Boats, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Glad you had a nice afternoon & a good trip. Thanks for the review.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

I heard about Blakeney from a friend at work so decided to take my mum for her birthday. We booked the boat but had to cancel once and postpone the next trip too! The people at Bishops were so friendly there was no problem with rearranging. The crew were very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. We saw numerous seals both in the sea and on the beach. I don't think anything could have made our trip better. A marvellous experience!
Thank you.

Paul B, Owner at Bishop's Boats, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thanks for a great review, hopefully you got to see our first grey seal pup of this year too.
Re-arranging bookings is never a problem when we are given enough notice.