“Good, clean, wholesome food.”
Review of The Rising Sun

The Rising Sun
Ranked #6 of 8 Restaurants in Coltishall
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Rising Sun is a friendly traditional Norfolk Broad's pub that overlooks the beautiful River Bure at Coltishall. Dog Friendly and free 24 hour moorings.
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Got in the restaurant about 2pm, plenty of room, food was very good, no complaints, short wait for food and drinks were fine 4 of us ate with drinks came to about £39. Give it a try.

378mh, Manager at The Rising Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Thank you for your review. We are glad to see you enjoyed your experience with us.
We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

This was a busy, very pleasant pub right on the river bank. The food was great, but it was a little spoiled for us. I asked if I could have vegetables to go with my main course instead of the garlic bread, salad and coleslaw on the menu. There was a 75p surcharge, for the change, even though I was actually having less food.

Thank you for your comments. We regret to hear of your disappointment on this occasion.

Unfortunately due to our menu being a set price for each meal, we cannot simply swap the side dishes, we add the surcharge of 75p to cover the cost of the change.

We hope that this experience will not prevent you from returning in the future.

Thank you, The Rising Sun Management.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Did not eat but reviewed the menu and the selection was of good pub Fayre standard. Beers on offer were plentiful and CAMRA lads would like it especially with their bottled range. Staff were jovial and friendly. Good aspect particularly on a sunny day over- looking the river. Worth a stop.

Thank you for your comments. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stop with us. Would be great to see you again in the future.

Thanks, The Rising Sun Management.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Great value food. The 'specials' on the board were particularly good. The Stilton sauce was the best ever!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are very happy to see that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I've visited The Rising Sun a number of times so thought it would be nice to take my parent's here (who where visiting from West Sussex). My dad is in a wheelchair and trying to push him on an all gravel car park wasn't easy. We luckily got a table outside as it was busy being a Bank Holiday. When we sat down we saw the queue for the food orders and decided to join it straight away. 20mins later our order was taken by a really friendly member of staff she was very polite and rushed off her feet. I ordered a ploughman's which came with a white baguette I asked if I could have a piece of brown bread instead as I can't eat white bread,she went to ask the chef if this was ok and she came back to say yes that's fine but there is a 75p charge for amending the order!!!!! I couldn't be bothered to question it and just agreed. I really was amazed at how short staffed the bar was,only 2 people and it was so busy. We finished our drinks before food arrived and wanted to get some more but that meant queuing again for another 20mins so we didnt bother. Food was ok but the piece of brown bread I paid an extra 75p for on top of the £9 for the ploughman's was far from fresh and my mum agreed as her Crab Sandwich bread was also very dry. In all really disappointing.

378mh, Manager at The Rising Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction on your visit.

Unfortunately the car park is a public car park belonging to the commons trust and the gravel is beyond our control.

We are surprised to hear that you were charged an extra 75p on top on your meal for the change. We usually put a small charge of 75p on an order if there is a change to a meal, unless it is a dietary requirement.

On this occasion, the member of staff misunderstood and we will pass on the message to them so that this does not happen again. We can only apologise and hope that this does not prevent you from retuning in the future.

Thanks, The Rising Sun Management.