“Nice pub friendly service”
Review of The King's Head

The King's Head
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Coltishall
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Went to the Kings Head for a change as we have not been there for about five years,its a nice pub beside the Rising Sun which both sit by the river...but the night we went there was no chance of sitting outside with 50mph winds and rain lashing down...its a nice pub and has managed to keep its old charm and still feels like a pub although it is known for its good food which is all locally sourced,we were shown a nice table in the corner by the window (so we could watch the rain lashing down)to start they bought us crudités on the house with a lovely home made bread roll...for a starter I had duck spring rolls with two dips my wife had Binham blue (local cheese) with pear on a green leaf salad which she said she really enjoyed..for the main we both had scallops and prawn risotto on wilted spinach which was very nice but a bit rich could not have eaten any more than I had..we were to full for a desert so the wife had Irish coffee and I had a regular coffee as I was driving... the service was swift and the staff were very polite and friendly it was all very nice...having said that I have been to many places in Norfolk just as good and better for less money..as I thought it was a bit pricey ...would I go back ?the answer is yes I would...

Reviewed 25 April 2012

We live a distance from Colitishall but had been into Norwich and decided to "spend" our Groupon voucher. We expected that we would be the only diners at 6.30 on a Monday evening but couldn't have been more wrong the place was full by the time we left a couple of hours later. The food was the best we have had for a long time. The choice was good and everything was clearly freshly prepared. So often one of the courses is a disappointment, but not here. The presentation and food quality was exceptional and the two waitresses were friendly and most efficient. My husband said he would DEFINITELY return and happily pay full price and this happens rarely!!

Reviewed 14 April 2012

Ok we arrived 15 mins before they stopped taking orders, but our food did not taste at all like it had been freshly made. We normally eat outside but it was a bit cold so we sat indoors this time. The decor did look like it could do with a bit of a revamp as it apperared like it hadn't changed in many years. The food on previous visits had been good. Don't know if it's a different chef or not. Will probably try them again to see if we were just unlucky to catch them on an off day.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

Had an evening meal here last week and because the pub next door was shut they were struggling to cope with demand and it took a while to get served (although its not a particularly big pub). The starter I chose was the scallaps and pork for £8.00. There were 2 tiny scallops (one I didn't see at first as it was hidden under a piece if cress) and a piece of pork no bigger than half my thumb served on a slate. Very pretty but as it took about 2 seconds to eat and it was a complete rip off for the price. If it had been £4.00 I would have been still a bit dissapointed but not feeling as though I had been robbed. Main course was fine but nothing special.

4  Thank jimblackcats
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I am still smarting over a bad experience at this pub and one that could so easily have been put write with a bit of communication. But, allegedly, the people who run the Kings Head, do not respond to negative comments.
Way back in October 2008, a large group of us spent a lot of money in this good-looking pub. But, whilst the beer and the starters were excellent, the majority of the main courses were poor, bland and left on the plates by at least 8 of our party.
In an email to the establishment, I praised the beer, the staff and some of the food, but presumably because I was negative where it was due, no reply was ever received. Perhaps the managers thought I wanted a free meal - something I will never accept when I criticise. There are too many people living on the cheap this way! So, Kings Head, my advice to you is to talk to your customers because even after over three years, your attitude still rankles with me!
(This review is shown as May 2011 because that is the furthest back the site will let me go. It was in fact, October 2008)

2  Thank MelLaceyNorwich