The Norfolk Mead Hotel
Bridge House B & B(Coltishall)
US$122
US$106
US$94
Priceline
  • Pool
Premier Inn Norwich Airport Hotel(Norwich)(Great Value!)
US$94
PremierInn.com
Scarborough Hill Country Inn(North Walsham)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$114
US$111
Hotels.com
US$95
1,015 results
All reviewstreatment roomsafternoon teawalled gardencrab applethrough secret escapesbrowniesamphirebeautiful hotelnew ownersboth dinner and breakfaston arrivalfresh milkwedding venuesummer housecosy barhigh standardcourse dinner
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I was fortunate to stay here in June when my parents booked a trip to visit me in Norfolk. It felt a little strange to stay only a few miles from my home but this hotel is beautifully secluded and felt a world away from the city.
The bedrooms are beautifully renovated and we stayed in the wonderfully spacious Chanterelle Suite. The eye for detail was seen throughout the hotel and it's clear that a lot of time and effort was put into this renovation.
We ate in the restaurant three nights running and although the menu barely changed there was so much choice we had no problem with this. The food was excellent and I have paid a lot more for similar quality of food and presentation. Breakfast was very pleasant and I particularly liked the home made granola and fruit compote. My father, however, was disappointed that there wasn't a large selection of fruit. I found the staff very accommodating when I said I needed an earlier breakfast so that I could get to work and was surprised that they opened the dining room earlier.

All in all I'd happily stay here again and recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Good weather took us up to north Norfolk on the spur of the moment and looking for somewhere to stay overnight we were lucky to find Norfolk Mead. Beautiful rooms and superb food, both at dinner and breakfast, a cut above what you expect to find in Norfolk. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed for my husbands 30th birthday,It was a real treat! The rooms were very nicely decorated and comfortable. The food was really enjoyable (dinner and breakfast) making that experience even better were the staff- they were really pleasant and very happy to help and do anything to make your stay enjoyable!
The bar and lounge were also a great space- very nicely decorated and had a great ambience.
We would defiantly stay again when over on the Norfolk broads again!
The only things we would suggest is if you like space is go for one of the deluxe rooms- my husband is 6"7 and the standard rooms on the top floor was a bit a squeeze! But don't let this put you off - they are very lovely rooms.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Nicely secluded with lovely garden walks and their own rowing boat to borrow for a trip up the river. This House has been converted very well to provide very homely accommodation with all the facilities one could need. A nice welcome and wonderful food in a relaxed setting. We have returned more than once and will no doubt visit again. The swimming pool is outdoors so not really a feature in the winter.

Room Tip: Rooms to the south side overlook the river and garden
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2013

This lovely hotel has recently has a make-over and we arrived on open day and were invited to
champagne and delicious canapes on the lawn. Immaculate bedrooms and bathrooms, all
slightly different but quality beds and bedding throughout. Our evening meal was quite
excellent and beautifully presented as was breakfast. Everyone was very friendly. Extensive
grounds for a lovely wander which make it ideal for a relaxing stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple