The Norfolk Mead Hotel
Hotel Wroxham(Wroxham)
  • Pool
  • Pool
1,006 results
All reviewstreatment roomsafternoon teawalled gardencrab applethrough secret escapesbrowniesamphirebeautiful hotelnew ownersboth dinner and breakfaston arrivalfresh milkwedding venuesummer housecosy barhigh standardcourse dinner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We have just returned from a 2 night stay at The Norfolk Mead Hotel. We stayed in the Crab Apple apartment with our dog. The place was very modern, clean and relaxing. The grounds were beautiful. Food was amazing both at breakfast and dinner time. All staff very friendly and happy to help. We would love to stay here again!

2  Thank Holidayreviewer3
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We have no idea why some people have recently slated this hotel. We stayed during the building work and it did not interfere with our stay what-so-ever ! No noise, no trucks, in fact it was hardly noticeable. People are talking rubbish. The room we had, Jasmine, was virtually perfect. Well presented with lovely linen, ground coffee and fresh milk in a fridge on the landing 24/7, a really nice touch. The en-Suite was fab with The White Co. toiletries, home made brownies and a complimentary glass of fizz when we arrived. The food was first class as was the service at the bar, restaurant and reception. Bar prices very good too unlike many inflated prices at other hotels. All in all, a very nice relaxing stay. We WILL return here and recommend it to our family and friends. The only gripe for me (not my wife though) was the bed. A good size but the matress was "dippy" both sides and well used so I struggled to get a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: Jasmine in the main building
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Stayed recently on business for one night - that was certainly enough!
Half of the grounds are currently given over to a building site with accompanying noises and chaos.
The room I had (£155 B & B) only had a shower which was in a bathroom that would make a telephone kiosk seem spacious. Pretentious- yes, value for money - no.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
8  Thank fussysod
fallty, Owner at The Norfolk Mead Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

I thought I would reply so Trip Advisor users get a fair, balanced response to this inaccurate review.

Firstly the building works do not take half the land as suggested, it is in our walled garden (which is approximately 1 acre), away from the main hotel and is only operational between 08:30-16:00 and not at weekends. I would also like everyone to know the work will BE FINISHED on Friday 18th April - (and thank you to everyone over the past 5 months for their patience - we have only had 2 very minor negative comments from the noise since the build started which says a lot I believe to how we have managed the exciting new venture..)

Mr Fussysod (as you nickname yourself) was paying £135.00 for dinner, bed and breakfast and not £155.00 for bed and breakfast as suggested. If you were not happy with the room why did you not say anything on check in or check out - we would have been more than happy to change you (and we are more than happy to do this if at all possible on a general basis).

I see there is no mention of the food, service, ambience, whilst at the hotel - the things most guests are interested in.

We are more than happy to accept constructive criticism when appropriate - in fact this often makes us a better place - but when things are put on websites that are factually wrong that is unfair.

However judging by the 6 reviews you have done so far - (3 average and 3 poor) it looks as though no hotel is good enough for you Mr 'Fussysod'

Reviewed 7 April 2014

My girlfriend & I stayed here in early April and wasnt too sure what to expect. After my stay I could then evaluate the overall experience and would rate it as excellent. The girls on reception greeted us in a friendly, happy and professional way. After that the courtesy and effeciency kept at the high level. The menu is extremely varied and prepared under the guidance of a chef who I feel is 'going places'. dinner and breakfast are a treat and the dining room is set in a contemporary style with enthusiastic young employees who have been taught to a high degree considering some of them are part time. The (Samphire) room was spacious, spotlesslly clean and couldnt be faulted. We thoroughly enjoyed my stay there, would recommend it and will return next year. The hotel is expanding its garden and when that is completed it will add an extra dimension to its facilities.

Room Tip: An upgrade to a suite is recommended. all rooms are quiet as it is set about 100 yards off the road around trees and next to a river.
Reviewed 7 April 2014

On arrival the hotel looked really impressive, although there was a bunch of nearly dead daffodils to greet us and a building site! (had we been told there was building in progress we wouldnt have booked) Aparrantly it is on the website but took a while to find. Obviously its not a problem with trying to improve their facilities but we felt it would have been curteous to have been told.

We got shown to our room which was nice, Hawthorne "A luxurious cottage rather than a hotel room" was the description on the website. However in our opinion the room was very bi-joux with a larger open plan bathroom which included a small table and chairs. Our room seemed to be the only one situated by the building works and noise and views of the building site. My husband went to reception and asked to be moved and was told the hotel was full.

We decided not to relax in our room as the dumper trucks reversing etc was too noisy, we headed out.

We came back and thought a drink at the bar would be nice. After dinging the bell 4 times someone came. I ordered a Hendrix and my husband a draught beer. No cucumber for my Hendrix? After looking in the kitchen the lady who seemed to be at reception, showing you to your room, and serving at the bar said "we have no cucumber, what kitchen doesnt have a cucumber!?" it did appear in my evening meal though?!?!

We came down to dine in the evening and could not fault the food. Everything hot and a good choice on offer. Compliments to the chef.
However we were greeted by a chap we can only presume was the owner. A very sraight to the point man with little personality.

The bed was very comfortable and the linen exceptional quality.
After a goodnights sleep we went for breakfast which again was good.

When checking out we got given our bill by the same lady as the previous day. No breakdown cost of the meal and drinks, never asked if we had a nice stay. We are people that never like to complain but felt the need to mention our building noise, we did however ask for discount on our room as we did have to leave our room for the afternoon. The lady was not very receptive to our complaints at first and said "we only had the noise for half an hour" It was definitely not just for 30 minutes!! then said "I didnt know you had a problem with the room" I did remind her that my husband had come to reception requesting a change of room. She then went to speak to the manager but he didnt even bother to come and speak to us. They took £30 of our bill. We would have preferred to pay the full amount and been happy with our stay as it was not our intention to try and get our night away cheaper.
Overall we wouldnt stay here again as we have had much better experiences at other "boutique" hotels in Norfolk.
Two deflated guests.