The Norfolk Mead Hotel
US$105
US$93
Priceline
  • Pool
Premier Inn Norwich Airport Hotel(Norwich)(Great Value!)
US$94
PremierInn.com
Scarborough Hill Country Inn(North Walsham)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$113
US$110
US$178
US$95
US$86
Hotels.com
1,015 results
All reviewstreatment roomsafternoon teawalled gardencrab applethrough secret escapesbrowniesamphirebeautiful hotelnew ownersboth dinner and breakfaston arrivalfresh milkwedding venuesummer housecosy barhigh standardcourse dinner
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Firstly I would like to say a massive thank you to the owners, James and Anna for making our stay at the Norfolk Mead so perfect. A massive thank you to the staff too, as everything really was perfect. It's hard to know where to start really, as the Norfolk Mead really is that good.
The location and grounds alongside the Broads are stunning and I can imagine Bridal parties arriving by boats in the Summer. The hotel had the feel of a boutique hotel, but is really a beautiful old country house, which has been tastefully refurbished to the highest of standards. We stayed in the " Juniper " room at the side of the hotel, which is in reality like a small flat, with the bedroom upstairs and the bathroom and siting room downstairs. The room was beautifully decorated like the rest of the hotel, with one of the most comfortable beds I,ve ever slept in ! Breakfast was absolute perfection and despite the fact that the hotel had a full quota booked for Sunday Lunch we weren't made to feel as though we had to leave so they could get rid of us ! My only little gripe as such is that they didn't have a cask ale on in the bar, other than that the Norfolk Mead in my opinion will be soon be up there with the best medium size independently owned hotels in the Country, it really is that good. I would recommend the Norfolk Mead to anyone.

3  Thank COYBL25
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed at the Norfolk Mead Hotel last weekend as we wanted to consider the venue for our wedding next year, and had been told that the new venue would be opened that weekend so we booked from Friday night to Sunday to get a feel of the place and we were both really impressed and have decided this is the place for our wedding.
The food each evening was delectable, the room we stayed in was stunning with a private patio overlooking the wedding venue, and finished to a really high standard, but what impressed us most was the staff. All were so friendly, helpful and enthusiastic, and the owners deserve credit for both the new venue and the whole now finished project they have taken on, and I look forward to seeing them all next year for my wedding.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed for one night in the Sloe room. The room was nicely furnished and the bed was so comfy we didnt want to get up. The meal in the restaurant was superb served by very friendly and attentive staff. The hotel is set in lovely grounds that lead down to the river where there is a row boat available to hotel guests. We would thoroughly recommend a stay here and can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We visited just before Easter and the hotel was fully booked and very busy at evening meal times....a good sign.
Our room was "Mulberry" which was very comfortable with views towards the river and a very large refitted bathroom with very nice features.
Breakfast was extremely good, with well cooked quality ingredients.The dinner menu provided a reasonably good choice of food. My favourites were the Cromer crab toasties for starters and the roasted Guinea fowl for main course. All food was very professionally presented and was piping hot.
The bar area was really nice, opening out onto a walled courtyard, complete with a large new function suite, purpose built for wedding parties i believe,
The surrounding area is beautiful and the riverside area in Coltishall is a real picture postcard.

Room Tip: Choose a room with garden views towards the river.
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Having heard good things about this place I made a spontaneous enquiry over the bank holiday weekend to see if there was any same day availability for afternoon tea (two people). After being asked what kind of time I would prefer, I was booked in for a few hours later. Fast forward to arriving, the hotel is easy to find and is located in picturesque grounds. It's nicely furnished throughout, and all the staff encountered seemed pleasant and welcoming.

Once we took our seats in the lounge our orders for tea or coffee were taken and brought over promptly, both of which tasted excellent (after finishing my first cafetiere I was happy to accept the offer of another). As far as the afternoon tea goes, it all tasted delicious. The smoked salmon, beef and egg sandwiches all had good quality ingredients, the scones were fresh and still warm and the cakes a perfect size.

At a cost of £13.50pp I would consider this offering to be good value. My only slight criticism is that the reception desk was unoccupied upon arrival and when ready to settle the bill. I didn't see a little bell or similar to use which would have been useful (I'm not deducting any points for this as someone did arrive within a couple of minutes).

1  Thank TheTallOrder