“Love it”

Ranked #44 of 200 Restaurants in King's Lynn
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I don't know what makes this an excellent place, I think it must just be the whole package. Occasionally we get given things which weren't quite what we'd asked for but, well, if you often enough it's bound to happen!

Good food, good selection of cakes, teas, good atmosphere. We keep going back.

2  Thank trippy00486

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

This is my second review of Florence Cafe, having been visiting them since 2010 ish. I probably visit once every couple of months. I have found the service and food to be consistently very good. Particularly the amazing cakes. I can't leave without taking one of their generous cakes slabs away!

It is such a lovely, family run local business. The cafe itself is welcoming and relaxing. The decor is how a tea room should be - it's clean, quaint and a little quirky without being clichéd or overdone.

St. James Street has some amazing buildings and I wish the council would see what a tourism trick they are missing down this street. This cafe is still a gem and still worth taking a detour fron the main run of shops.

2  Thank V-Unit
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This a small friendly tea house set over many floor levels. The decor is 'shabby chic', but delightful and comfortable. You will be sure of a warm welcome, good quality food and service.

2  Thank Sharman K
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stumbled across Florence café on a brief stop at Kings Lynn. Not so prepossessing from the outside - you have to peer in to see that it is truly a gem. Each table, each chair, all individually put together with 'shabby chic' flair. The cloths, crockery, everything unique and quirky, in a very old cottagy style building near the Minster in Kings Lynn. Excellent cakes, all home-made. Good service. The café was buzzing with keen regulars, many of them women, who no doubt admired the furnishings! A lovely place.

2  Thank CornwallSparkle
Reviewed 20 June 2014

What can I say, but the food here is to die for. I can honestly say that I have never tasted baking and home cooked dinners like it. They have what seems like a thousand teas to taste, and the cakes are all home made. I was beginning to think they were totally self reliant and didn't need any suppliers!!! In all honesty, this is THE BEST PLACE TO EAT in King's Lynn, without a doubt. If you do nothing else in this town, just go there and try a home made scone or cake, you will not regret it.

3  Thank jules810