“Great”

Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in King's Lynn
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Great”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Have stayed here twice now and cant complain at all. Nice clean rooms possible a bit dated but not a problem, nice clean bathrooms. I like staying in the detached block, plenty of parking spaces and in my opinion the breakfast is good with plenty of choice.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank mrvranas
FfolkesArmsHotel, Manager at The Ffolkes Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear mrvranas,

Thank you for your kind review, we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Many Thanks,

Ffolkes Arms Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Grantham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My partner and i live in this area and decided to go for a Sunday carvery . We arrived at 1-45 had starters which was ok but the carvery was horrid . The roast potatoes were soggy as was the veg and the Yorkshire pudding . The mash tasted like smash . My wife had two mouthfuls of hers and left it . We didn't have a table check so we did not complain . Defo won't eat here again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Anthony S,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, it is much appreciated. I'm saddened that you and your partner did not enjoy your experience. We did over 60 covers on the carvery on Sunday with not a single complaint, so to hear this comes as a surprise. I will look into why your were not meal checked as this it not our usual form of practice, the restaurant manager was on duty that day and was in the restaurant all day. He would have happily of helped should you have needed him.

Once again thank you for leaving your feedback,

Kind Regards,
Ffolkes Arms Hotel

Travellers are raving about these King's Lynn hotels

in the sticks
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had a ground floor room, clean, basic, great shower with lots of hot water and towels.
The main road is very noisy from early morning making sleep impossible if you have the window open.
Ideal for a short stay we were attending a wedding so it was great to find somewhere that would accomodate a large party. The garden was lovely shame it rained !
Staff extremely helpful and wecoming.
Breakfast great as were the bar meals, typical pub food.
Only complaint dirty cups and wine glasses lipstick stains are not acceptable !
Sandringham up the road , ideally based for touring.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank twitto
FfolkesArmsHotel, Manager at The Ffolkes Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you twitto for your review.

Our establishment is very popular for weddings I do hope it was a lovely day.

Unfortunately being quite close to the road sometimes the noise level isn't quite as low as you'd like it if you like to sleep in, this isn't the case every day just occasionally.

I apologise for the slight let-downs on the cups and wine glasses, I will certainly try to find out why to ensure this is avoided in the future.

We hope you will revisit soon.
Cornwall
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Easy to find and a warm welcome was a good start to my stay. I was surprised how lovely the restaurant and bar was and although I didn't have an evening meal the menu looked extensive and fairly-priced. The room I was allocated (212) was actually in a separate building and although it looked a little outdated and 'tired' from the outside the inside of the room was very well appointed and very clean. Parking is plentiful and convenient for any room you are allocated. The history of this place is very interesting. It was apparently acquired in 1678 by the Ffolkes family and used to be the stop-off point for the mail route between the Midlands and Norwich and some of the rooms were used as jails overnight for prisoners in transit. It is also said that the place is haunted by a young nanny who threw herself out of an attic bedroom and fell on some iron railings that used to run along the front of the inn. Things have got a lot better since then though!. The hotel staff were very pleasant and most helpful. Breakfast was very good and amazingly quick to arrive following my order. I would have liked to have explored the place a little more than my time allowed but would definitely stay again. Very good value at £50 for the night including breakfast (via 'laterooms').

Room Tip: I think all of the rooms have been refurbished so I doubt you'd get a bad one.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank KAJCornwall
Thank you KAJCornwall for taking the time to leave such a lovely review! A great piece on the history of our hotel, thank you for that. I'm very pleased to hear we met your exceptions and look forward to doing so again on your next visit.
Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Good Value for money accommodation. Clean Room. Large bathroom and shower. Staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast nice. Bar meals were lovely and lots of it. Only negative may be the noise from other residents on metal stairways and road noise but a pair of ear plugs can solve this (and they offer those at the reception area if you're a light sleeper!)

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Amanda H
Thank you Amanda H for you lovely review. I do apologise about the noise of the other residents on the metal stairway, this is something we are aware of and are looking in to at great depth. We hope to see you again sometime in the near future.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Family room - late booking for a Norfolk trip. We got a b & b deal which was good value. The faulty shower was attended to quickly, and although not fixed straight away we were given keys to another room so that we could use that shower. Staff very friendly, and made us feel welcome. The complimentary breakfast was good, and full English set us up for the day. The evening meals seemed a bit pricey, we didn't do the special meal deals on offer, but when the plates arrived they were full , generous proportions and fresh veg (seen being delivered both days) explained the price. We found this a convenient touring base, and we would return, the main building is an old coaching inn (I think) and the accommodation block is a more recent addition, rooms clean and adequate ,
there is a busy road within earshot, so may not be the choice for some.

Stayed April 2014
Thank you for your extremely kind review - we pride our selves on cooking home made meals and giving hearty portions! We look forward to seeing you again soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We had a comfortable relaxed stay here. The room was quite small though and the furniture in the room looked like it had been taken from the 1970s. The food was very good and generous portions. Some staff could perhaps have made more effort to be friendly. On balance we would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Judith S
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations and I can only apologise for this. I am glad you enjoyed your meal and I will be addressing the staff regarding their customer service. With regards to the décor of our rooms, I guess you can put it down to taste. I do hope we get the chance to welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future.