“A traditional Brewers Fayre, with an indoor play area”

Brewers Fayre Freebridge Farm
Ranked #103 of 200 Restaurants in King's Lynn
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 March 2012

A traditional Brewers Fayre restaurant attached to a Premier Inn. We have dined at this restaurant on a number of occasions when staying at the adjacent Premier inn. It certainly proves popular with our young son as he enjoys the indoor play centre in the restaurant, which certainly keeps him entertained before, during and after the meal. This Brewers Fayre is quite popular, so we've generally booked a table when staying at the Premier Inn in order to ensure we can dine at the time of our choosing. The buffet breakfast is good value.

1  Thank Bushwalker

Reviewed 23 March 2012

We decided to celebrate my dads 80th Birthday at this restaraunt (not my choice) as my dad really likes the food here, I telephoned 2 weeks before to book the table for 8 people I explained it was my dads 80th and I wanted it to be a bit special as he has been very ill and had not been out for 6 months I was assured everything would be perfect. The Manager explained that they did a special birthday Package this included a bottle of rose wine, balloons, table decorations and a birthday cake. I asked for this package I telephoned again 4 days before to check that everything would be ok again I was told everything would be ready to make my dads birthday a day to remember.
On arriving at the restaraunt we were shown to our table which had not been decorated, there were no balloons, no decorations and no wine. I complained to the waitress who apologised and said they had forgotten, she then said she would sort the decorations and bring them out, I explained I had requested that they did this before we arrived as I wanted it to be a surprise for my dad instead they were trying to decorate around us whilst we were sat reading the menus. The service was quite good and the food was ok but nothing special some of us had the carvery they had ran out of veg so we had to wait and then by the time the new veg arrived the gravy was cold so we had to wait for more gravy, the meat was very fatty.
When we ordered drinks one person ordered dry martini and lemonade and one person ordered orange juice they brought dry martini and orange juice, 2 of the party had the mixed grill both people had upset stomachs later that day we cant prove it was the food both seems odd that out of 8 people 2 had mixed grill and both were ill.
As I said this is not the first time we have had a bad experience a this restaraunt we have had poor service and cold food in the past, the only reason we gave them another chance is because my dad likes the food but after this latest fiasco we will not be going again.
We did get a big discount due to the problems but this did not make up for the fact that they ruined the surprise for my dad

Reviewed 14 March 2012

Although there are plenty of family-style restaurants in the area to choose from, pester power from the children wanting to use the free indoor play facilities means we visit Freebridge Farm time and time again.

Ultimately it's a standard Brewers Fayre pub/restaurant with an adjoining Premier Inn. It has a reasonable menu with prices to match, catering for most tastes including a good selection of vegetarian options. There are also themed nights several times a week - e.g. a carvery on Sunday.

Good tip: Having had to queue a number of times during busy periods, we found out that it's possible to book a table in advance.

Reviewed 13 March 2012

good value for money when 2 meals & a bottle of wine for £13,00 was on offer

Reviewed 6 March 2012

I have eaten here a few times..The staff are very nice and friendly and the surroundings are inviting.However, It can be very hit and miss , if its really busy in there, the food takes a long while to be served and can be bland, plus it always seems to take forever to get your drinks. Its ok pricewise and a good one to take kids to as there is a playroom for them to run round in.

2  Thank Outofabag