“Good and Bad”

Knights Hill Hotel & Spa
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in King's Lynn
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I had booked this hotel to attend a funeral in a town 30 minutes away as there was no availability nearer the location I wanted to be. I currently live in the US but when I was in the UK I was a Diamond member of the Best Western hotel group so thought that this would be a good alternative. I had booked a double room for my wife and I but due to unexpected events I had my teenage son with me when checking in. I did not think it would be a problem to add him into the room on a roll away or twin bed if available but how wrong I was. I understand that it was late notice and the hotel was busy but when you are faced with a receptionist that is trying to whisper to her colleague without me noticing " Tell him we have no space" it is comical. The other receptionist at least was trying to be polite and look for a solution but the first lady was downright rude and did not want to deal with it. We eventually moved to a room that was going to be noisy due to the wedding that was planned but that was fine as I had no plans on being in the room until late anyway.
We were placed in a family room with double and single bed but the room was small, dirty and just not nice.
I do have to say that the night porters were exactly the opposite to the receptionist and were cheerful and extremely helpful while they served us drinks and chatted during the late evening.
There is a computer in the reception area and as I need to print a reading for the funeral thought it would not be an issue until it did not work and was told that it would take forever for it to be restarted again. ( I did get my printing done when I emailed the reading to reception to print)
The location is ok but I am going to place this hotel on my do not revisit again unless it is the only available location within 50 miles.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nigel A

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Enjoyed two nights at this hotel. The staff are very friendly and the breakfast buffet well presented, plentiful and tasty. The room was clean and well proportioned. The walled garden, which our room overlooked, was delightful with country views beyond. The swimming pool and spa was an added attraction. Very well placed for exploring eastern Norfolk, being close to Kings Lynn, Hunstanton, Sandringham and Titchwell RSPB reserve.

Room Tip: Ground floor garden rooms have patios
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank keentraveller003
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Bad start to our 4 day break at this hotel. First room we were allocated hadnt been serviced(we didn't check in until 5pm), offered similar room but seemed inferior, supervisor then stepped in and offered a complimentary upgrade. This was a lovely room with floor to ceiling windows overlooking walled garden. Very comfortable.
Only had breakfast at the hotel and this was good standard , self service but you could order extras such as porridge, poached eggs, haddock etc. Scrambled eggs could be improved ... very watery.
Nice spa area and also used tennis court.

Hotel in a great location for Sandringham, Norwich and the north Norfolk coast. Perfect base for days out.

Enjoyable break, hotel very good and bit more attention to detail (and servicing rooms!) could be excellent. Staff very friendly and helpful and any errors soon put right - just need to get it right first time.

Room Tip: Having viewed two standard rooms and stayed in garden room would definitely recommend booking room o...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Great place to relax. Room was clean and tidy. Food was great. Made use of swimming pool, hot tub and steam room. Will definitely be returning in near future. Beautiful scenery. Close to Sandringham, Castle Rising, Cromer.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed for 3 nights bed and breakfast. The staff were obliging. The accommodation was clean. The breakfasts were excellent. We used the pool and the gym, which were well kept.
An enjoyable stay and we would use this hotel again if we go to Norfolk.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We held our wedding ceremony and reception here, and a lot of guests stayed in the hotel as well as us. Betty and her team really went out of their way to make sure our Wedding Day was perfect. The meal was lovely; served hot by very friendly and efficient staff, and very tasty. The barn was beautifully decorated, and it really was the perfect place for us to get married. The bridal suite was great as well. Loads of our guests said how much they enjoyed their stay. We can't fault the hotel at all.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed her on business and the room was nice and clean but like the rest of the hotel a little dated and in need of modernisation.
Service was good as was value for money as was the excellent breakfast.
I would visit again as the surroundings were excellent!

Stayed: August 2014
#2 of 4 in Hunstanton
The Grange Hotel
The Grange Hotel
#6 of 15 in King's Lynn

Been to Knights Hill Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!