“Fabulous in every way”

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in King's Lynn
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Fabulous in every way”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Just come back from a superb couple of days at Congham Hall to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday. It was pure luxury from start to finish: the rooms, the divine beds, the hot tub, the pool, the saunas, the foot spas, the steam room, the loungers, the surroundings etc etc too many wonderful treats to mention. The staff were so friendly, nothing was too much trouble and they were true professionals. The food was to die for! Definitely coming back as soon as we can.

Thank you all at Congham Hall for a truly wonderful few days.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank PRPeters
Julie W, General Manager at Congham Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay here celebrating a 50th Birthday and that you were impressed with every element of our hotel. We do rely to a great deal on enthusiastic yet young staff and I am pleased that you found everyone to be professional and friendly. We look forward to welcoming you back again before too long.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Aylesbury
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Took a group of 18 friends to stay for three days. This is something we do twice a year all around the UK. All rated their stay very highly indeed and the spa is fantastic with a lovely warm pool.
The fact is we would all go back again tells you that it was very good.
The food is excellent and the chef took time to create special vegetarian dishes for me. It would be wrong not to mention all the staff who were attentive and excellent.

Minor moan - delay at breakfast - more staff needed for busy days.

Room Tip: All the rooms are of the highest standard
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the trouble to report about your recent stay with friends, it gives me particular pleasure to read that you appreciated the vegetarian dishes created for you by the chef and the service you received from the friendly team here. We genuinely do want our guests to have a great time and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Bedford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2013

My partner and I stayed at this wonderful hotel for 2 nights. It was, without doubt, one of the best hotels I have ever experienced - and I have been travelling the world for more than forty years. Whilst everything is beautifully presented, it is the quality of the staff that exceeds all expectations. It is a pretty young team, but all I can say is that the training must be exceptional. Nothing is too much trouble.
Our room was very pretty, spotlessly clean, and if I had any criticism I would say it was a tad small, but it did not detract from our experience in any way. (When I stay again, I will book a garden room or a suite).
The food in the restaurant was fabulous - very high quality and beautifully presented. It deserves a Michelin Star. Again, the staff were wonderful, even answering questions on the source of the food and how it was cooked. The wine list (presented on an iPad!) was very varied and reasonably priced for a restaurant of this quality.
The Spa was also very good. My partner had three treatments, and raved about them all. I tried the swimming pool and the Jacuzzi which were set at a good temperature. The rainstorm showers were fun too! I didn't think the treatments were priced too high either (many hotels really charge ridiculously high prices).
I have already recommended this hotel to friends and family, and we are already thinking about when we will return.
My thanks and congratulations go to the housekeeping staff who were all friendly and very efficient.
The front-of-house staff were also wonderful.
I don't think I have ever written a review that is so positive, but I really cannot fault this hotel at all. I can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room, or, if you don't walking across the courtyard, ask for a garden room.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the trouble to report about your recent stay, it makes such a difference to know that you enjoyed your visit and it gives me particular pleasure to read that you appreciated the service provided by the team here and enjoyed our chefs amazing food. We genuinely do want our guests to have a great time and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Saffron Walden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Just stayed at this hotel and wanted to share our first class experience. From arriving to departing could not fault anything. This elegantly decorated hotel set in beautiful surroundings with 5 star food and service. Every member of their staff could not have been more professional or attentive. Highly recommended and look forward to returning.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the trouble to write about your recent stay with us. It makes such a difference to know that you enjoyed your visit. We do rely to a great deal on enthusiastic yet young staff and I am pleased that you found everyone to be professional and attentive. I hope we can have the pleasure of seeing you back again in the near future.
King's Lynn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Outstanding venue with helpful obliging staff. The Writing Room was perfect for our Roaming Luncheon group's meeting where we enjoyed superb food and service. The chef even decorated the dessert plate of one of our senior members celebrating her 92nd birthday with an appropriate greeting - and this was without prompting! Well worth the visit!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent Lunch here with the Roaming Luncheon Group. We are delighted to see that not only did you enjoy the lunch itself, but you loved plate decorated by the chef for the birthday celebration. We hope to welcome you back again before too long.
Hunstanton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2013

What an amazing experience. We were treated like royalty yet I felt so comfortable too. The staff were very professional. The spa itself was gorgeous, we sat in the hot tub outside over looking the grounds then used the sauna, steam room etc, all the facilities were super, very modern, very clean and a really relaxing. When the ladies came to call us for our treatments I was looking forward to a nice massage but what I got was something else! A choice of oils tailored to you, time to choose what you wanted, amazing massage, hot towls, hot stones, soothing music, perfect lighting, nothing rushed everything just right. After the massage a relax in the lounge, oh if i could set the scene, loungers, morrocan lantens, music, I dont do it justice. My friends and I spent a little longer in the spa then went for dinner, well! Welcomed into the wonderful dining room, made comfortable, glass of bubbly, fantastic food (and Im v v fussy) dessert was super too, everything about my evening was five star, perfect. I cant wait to go again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Becci T
Thank you for taking the time to report about your recent Spa day. We are delighted to see that you and your friends had such an amazing experience in our newly opened Secret Garden Spa. We think it’s the perfect place to relax and unwind. We look forward to welcoming you back again before too long.
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Fantastic service and great food. Newly refurbished and picture perfect. I didn't stay at the hotel but just had a Sunday lunch but it was great and not overly expensive considering the style and quality of the place.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent Sunday Lunch here. We are delighted to see that not only did you enjoy the lunch itself, but you loved the new surroundings. We hope to welcome you back again before too long.
Also consider these accommodations in or near King's Lynn
#2 of 15 in King's Lynn
Stuart House Hotel
Stuart House Hotel
#5 of 15 in King's Lynn

Been to Congham Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!