We were looking forward to staying here after reading previous reviews but I'm afraid was left feeling very disappointed. Reception staff when we arrived could not have been any more helpful & staff everywhere seemed very friendly at first. Room was ok, it was one of the cheaper rooms in the main house and is starting to look a bit tired but was ok for one night. I have stayed in many 4 and 5 star hotels for this price that have been far superior and can't really understand how a 3 star hotel can justify the prices and the snobbery. We did decide to eat here but the service was shocking. We ordered a drink my husband asked for a pint of lager and the bar staff looked disgusted at him for asking such a thing! she just said its off i think so he had a bottle of lager but the snobbery attitude of the staff is unbelievable!!! you are only a 3 star hotel that charge 5 star prices!!! when we arrived and sat down & chose from the menus what we wanted for dinner, we decided not to have a starter as there just wasn't anything we liked, a rather stuck up waiter took our order several things on the menu were not available. When we were seated in the restaurant the very young girl asked us if we wanted wine I said yes could I see the wine list, she brought it to us on an ipad & left it on the table and NEVER came back to ask us what we wanted, the wines were well overpriced but we would have liked a bottle, we had our dinner served to us nobody asked then if we were ok for drinks as they were too busy sucking up to all the other tables, the food was ok but portions very small, as nobody during our meal asked if we were ok or needed anything we decided not to stay for a desert or a drink and just to go to our room after a very disappointing birthday meal!! Also no tea or coffee making facilities in the room, reading other reviews you have to ask for this! Why should you have to ask, surly this is a basic thing, I have never stayed anywhere that didn't provide this as standard. Breakfast was ok and the staff seemed a lot more experienced in the morning. Spa facilities were very good it's about the only thing we enjoyed.
Sorry just had to also mention we were on the 2nd floor and couldn't believe the fire door is wedged open by 2 doorstops, pretty sure this is an offence.
To sum up, my birthday treat I was so looking forward to was a massive let down & I will not be recommending this hotel! Shop around there are lots of beautiful 4 star hotels for less that make you feel a lot more comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled within the beautiful Norfolk countryside, Congham Hall is a privately owned Georgian manor house situated 20 minutes' drive from the sandy beaches of the North Norfolk coast. A variety of market towns, nature reserves and the Queen's Sandringham Estate are also within a short drive. Each individually designed bedroom is very spacious offering extremely comfortable king sized beds and picturesque views across the estate. The team of award winning chefs create dishes using a wide variety of vegetables and herbs from the estate served in the Orangery restaurant overlooking manicured lawns and glorious parkland. For something a little more informal, indulgent afternoon teas are served in the lounge next to the cosy log fire. Set within 30 acres of wonderful parkland and extensive gardens, Congham Hall also boasts a croquet lawn and tennis courts. Congham Hall's luxurious Secret Garden Spa is where you'll find a stunning 12 metre pool, sauna, steam room, bio-sauna as well as an outside hot tub. You may also choose to unwind with one of the relaxing and rejuvenating beauty and massage treatments which will restore body and mind and leave you feeling completely revived. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers and Odigeo so you can book your Congham Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Congham Hall Country Hotel
- Hotel Congham Hall Country
- Congham Hall Hotel & Spa UK/Norfolk