“Truly fantastic weekend stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Congham Hall Hotel & Spa

Congham Hall Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in King's Lynn
Newmarket, United Kingdom
“Truly fantastic weekend stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Me and my other half visited this beautiful country house this weekend. We were after a relaxing weekend with good food and nice wine as we both have very busy working weeks.... Congham hall provided all that and more. We have been playing tennis, been for a walk around the village, had treatments in the spa, enjoyed the lovely restaurant and it has all been fabulous. We will defiantly come back again when our batteries needs an other recharge.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room in the main house it was nice and clean but very warm!, the garden rooms seem lo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Humblebumble2014
Julie W, General Manager at Congham Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Thank you for taking the trouble to write about your recent weekend with us from which we are delighted that you left us feeling fully recharged! It makes such a difference to know that you enjoyed your stay and the facilities we have to offer. We hope to welcome you back to Congham again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Hertford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Having just returned from a four day break I felt I just had to review our experience. The hotel just oozed quality. Our room was spacious, beautifully decorated and scrupulously clean. Although we did not use the spa facilities they appeared to be in keeping with the whole ambience. The grounds were well maintained. The breakfast choice was 5 star and the cooking and delivery was perfect. The dinner menu was limited however and although the two evenings we dined were really enjoyable the choice was too limited for us to dine all four evenings.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent break with us from which we are delighted to see that you had an enjoyable experience. I'm sorry that you found the dinner menu too limited to dine with us on all four nights; we always have nightly specials in addition to the main menu and we are more than happy to cater for any dietary requirements/requests. We hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the not too distant future.
Biggleswade, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed here for my birthday, the room was amazing, spacious, clean and comfortable. Food was first rate. Had planned to only eat in the hotel restaurant one night but enjoyed it so much, ate there every night. Staff friendly and helpful. Pool and other spa facilities were first rate too. Would love a return visit.

Room Tip: We had a garden room. It was lovely
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dale D
Thank you for taking the trouble to write about your recent stay with us for your birthday. It makes all the difference to know that you enjoyed your stay and we are delighted that you decided to dine with us both nights of your stay. We hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.
Alton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

This is a beautiful location and lovely and quiet. The surroundings are picturesque with fields of cattle and calves and the sun sets behind the trees.

The rooms are very comfortable and the beds beautiful and I had an amazing nights sleep. The shower is nice and powerful and you get some nice toiletries. Also each room has a DVD player and there's a collection of films you can pick from.

The restaurant is large and good for privacy and the menu is very elaborate. It'd pretty pricey but justifies the cost as the food is very good. However, I do think they need fresher sea food as my scallop dish smelt off and I sent it back. They have a great wine selection but at the expense of beer selection and the only beer on tap they had was unpalatable (not sure if it was the end of the barrel). I have eaten here before and on that occasion I had no issues with sea food or beer so maybe it was a bad day.

There was a lovely touch when I left as they washed my windshield on my car. I would definitely recommend this place for a visit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tom M
Julie W, General Manager at Congham Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for taking the trouble to write about your recent stay with us. As you know we were sorry to learn about the problems with the scallops and the real ale, both of which we dealt with at the time of your stay. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed the other aspects of your stay and that you had an amazing night’s sleep. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

excellent stay - very clean, excellent facilities. noticed an offer of free tickets to sandringham house that was posted one month after I had booked.i duly rang to query if I would qualify expecting to be told no - but was told yes without having to put up a fight - I was expecting to have to put up a fight.... excellent customer service - very small but impressive thing when you leave ( if you have arrived by car ) won't spoil it for future visitors but this must have taken them only 5 mins to do but shows the level of thought and excellent care!!!
such a simple thing left me with a fabulous impression of them....would definitsly visit again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank garrielee
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent weekend with us from which we are delighted to see that you had an excellent stay and appreciated the complimentary Sandringham tickets. We hope to welcome you back again before too long.
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

This 200 year old country house is run as a stylish private hotel. There are public rooms and bedrooms in the house and an extension, and a small number of larger bedrooms in newly-fitted and refurbished stables and other outbuildings in a square garden courtyard behind; one side of the courtyard is the spa. The rooms are impeccably clean and furnished with stylish bathroom fittings. There is a Nespresso coffee machine and fresh milk in the bedroom (this is a recently introduced feature). There is a multichannel wall-mounted TV and radio - not a very large one. I did not try the wi-fi.

The hotel is surrounded by parkland, pastures, orchards and gardens, including a herb and kitchen garden. The spa consists of a large pool, with wall to ceiling windows looking on to a patio (with open air Jacuzzi) and grassland beyond. The water is warm, the tiles are under-floor heated. There are showers with pushbutton features such as a tropical rain effect, scented appropriately. There are some treatment rooms for massage, oils, beauty treatments - my wife loved her treatment.

There are two public sitting rooms, with art and luxurious furnishings, one with books and indoor games - if the weather is unkind, you will not be bored. There is a simple bar area, and drinks are reasonably priced. There is an elegant dining room looking out across a patio (which must be a great place to eat in good summer weather) and on to a lawn and pastureland with grazing cows. Breakfast is ample, with choices of cold and interesting cooked dishes. Dinner was good but I thought the steak that I had was overcooked. I was miffed a bit that the bottle of wine I had was listed in the section of the wine list called "St Emilion" although it was a Montagne St Emilion, the less prestigious appellation next door - but it was of course correctly described in itself. The wines that I had were all French, all OK and all medal winners but none were really excellent - possibly unlucky choices; or an issue of storage?

Staff were attentive, well-trained, friendly and not at all obsequious. The ground floor is easily accessible - a wheelchair would have no problem - no steps at the rear and inside none at all once you are through the front door where there is one step up (and a ramp is available).

A stay here is not cheap but you get what you pay for - near perfection.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cassini
Julie W, General Manager at Congham Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for taking the trouble to write such a comprehensive review of your recent stay with us. It makes such a difference to know that you enjoyed your visit and it gives me particular pleasure to read that you appreciated so many of the things we have and do here including the new room larders that we are currently introducing. We rely a great deal on young but enthusiastic staff and I’m sure you could probably tell, we genuinely do want our guests to have a great time and we look forward to welcoming you back to Congham before too long.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Having been whisked away by my boyfriend in an attempt to get away from chaotic city life, I found myself in awe of the idyllic setting of Congham Hall. We stayed in one of the garden rooms located behind the main house and without a doubt I was transported to a world of utter bliss. If you are looking to indulge in pure relaxation I'd say look no further as Congham Hall has it down to the tee, from gorgeous grounds to divine dining. And if you really want to cleanse your aura I would thoroughly recommended dappling into the spa facilities where you'll find yourself melting away under gorgeous earthy oils. The staff on every front were unparalleled in catering to our needs making the stay all the more luxurious. All in all after three days I found myself completely rejuvenated, having not touched my phone for the entirety of our stay, (much to my boyfriends surprise)! I shall definitely be making another visit but till then go experience the beauty for yourself!

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the trouble to write about your recent stay. We are of course delighted to hear that you had such a fabulous time with us and came away feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. We very much hope that we will be able to welcome you back again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near King's Lynn
#1 of 1 in Barnham Broom
Titchwell Manor Hotel
Titchwell Manor Hotel
#1 of 2 in Titchwell

Been to Congham Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!