3 of us had afternoon tea... which we took in the hall on lovely couches in front of the fire. At first the hotel seemed really full and we didn't fancy eating in the hall way but the party left and we were the only people in the hotel. Our tea was prompt and looked very good... far too much food and there was a lot left over which they offered us to take home. A selection of 4 different types of finger sandwiches, scones, clotted cream and jam and a selecion of tarts, biscuits and 3 different types of cake all served on a cake stand.. along with tea and coffee. Once food was served they left us alone which was nice until we wanted a top up of drinks.
There was a lovely friendly sleepy cat who lounged near to us too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled within the beautiful Norfolk countryside, Congham Hall is a privately owned Georgian manor house situated 20 minutes' drive from the sandy beaches of the North Norfolk coast. A variety of market towns, nature reserves and the Queen's Sandringham Estate are also within a short drive. Each individually designed bedroom is very spacious offering extremely comfortable king sized beds and picturesque views across the estate. The team of award winning chefs create dishes using a wide variety of vegetables and herbs from the estate served in the Orangery restaurant overlooking manicured lawns and glorious parkland. For something a little more informal, indulgent afternoon teas are served in the lounge next to the cosy log fire. Set within 30 acres of wonderful parkland and extensive gardens, Congham Hall also boasts a croquet lawn and tennis courts. Congham Hall's luxurious Secret Garden Spa is where you'll find a stunning 12 metre pool, sauna, steam room, bio-sauna as well as an outside hot tub. You may also choose to unwind with one of the relaxing and rejuvenating beauty and massage treatments which will restore body and mind and leave you feeling completely revived. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Congham Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Congham Hall Country Hotel
- Hotel Congham Hall Country
- Congham Hall Hotel & Spa UK/Norfolk