It is 45 years since my previous stay in the Dukes Head Hotel which was on my wedding night. Recently, I came across a special offer which encouraged me to book an overnight stay. The hotel's owners have invested heavily to update and modernise and the result is excellent. The room was well appointed and the public lounge where we enjoyed afternoon tea with home made scones and the dining room were comfortable and tastefully furnished. Fortunately, for a town centre hotel there is a rear car park but unfortunately the side door which afforded direct access to the lift is permanently locked for security. The provision of a key pad might be a way to solve this. The quality of dinner was first class and the staff with the exception of one, friendly and helpful. Self service breakfast is available in the Bistro at the front of the hotel which was quite acceptable but at the stroke of 09.30 the staff rushed to remove the dishes to change it back into its daytime roll. The manageress was less friendly than the staff but this could have been due to her having to attend a staff meeting. This didn't mar our visit and we do plan to return and I am sure she will be less stressed than she obviously was.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of King's Lynn old town and overlooking the historic market place, the Duke's Head is perfect for discovering what Norfolk has to offer to the business and leisure traveller. Since Georgian times, this impressive classical building has welcomed visitors including Princess Victoria and Sir Robert Walpole (generally considered to be the first Prime Minister of Great Britain) in considerable comfort and style.Its location overlooking the ancient market place in the centre of King's Lynn would have denoted its importance in a town peppered with fine historic buildings. The Duke's Head is located walking distance away from King's Lynn station, nightlife, restaurants, bars and leisure club. Kings Lynn is serviced by regular trains to London and serves as an ideal location for discovering Norfolk. North Norfolk is an ideal tourist destination. Whether you enjoy the lively atmosphere and entertainment offered by traditional seaside resorts, the tranquility of the small fishing villages, which spring to life at high tide, you can't help but be impressed by the beautiful coastline and the fascinating history of its towns. The Hotel has recently benefited from a 3 million pound refurbishment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Dukes Head Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elizabeth Dukes Head Hotel
- Dukes Head Kings Lynn
- The Dukes Head Hotel UK/Norfolk