We stayed here for a Saturday and Sunday night in April. Behind the old façade lies a modern hotel with 78 rooms in a modern block. The rooms are clean, with modern furniture. The bathrooms do not have a bath but they do have a walk in shower with plenty of water.
There is a car park at the back which can hold about 50 cars. Further overnight parking is available in the Tuesday market at the front of the hotel except for nights before the twice weekly market.
I was unable to find DB&B on-line so I telephoned the hotel who offered identical prices and could provide DB&B. I think this option is not available on-line because their dining room is limited to about 50 covers per night. Their dinners were excellent and served at a leisurely pace.
Breakfasts were served in a different room and offered all the usual.
The bar/lounge area is large with waiter service available although this can be slow on a busy Saturday night.
Overall the staff were very willing and helpful although one or two seemed inexperienced.
There is a theatre (Coliseum??) on the opposite side of the Tuesday market and the hotel offers pre-show meals.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of King's Lynn old town and overlooking the historic market place, the Duke's Head is perfect for discovering what Norfolk has to offer to the business and leisure traveller. Since Georgian times, this impressive classical building has welcomed visitors including Princess Victoria and Sir Robert Walpole (generally considered to be the first Prime Minister of Great Britain) in considerable comfort and style.Its location overlooking the ancient market place in the centre of King's Lynn would have denoted its importance in a town peppered with fine historic buildings. The Duke's Head is located walking distance away from King's Lynn station, nightlife, restaurants, bars and leisure club. Kings Lynn is serviced by regular trains to London and serves as an ideal location for discovering Norfolk. North Norfolk is an ideal tourist destination. Whether you enjoy the lively atmosphere and entertainment offered by traditional seaside resorts, the tranquility of the small fishing villages, which spring to life at high tide, you can't help but be impressed by the beautiful coastline and the fascinating history of its towns. The Hotel has recently benefited from a 3 million pound refurbishment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, Superbreak UK, HRS, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Dukes Head Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elizabeth Dukes Head Hotel
- Dukes Head Kings Lynn
- The Dukes Head Hotel UK/Norfolk