We stayed at the Dukes Head with a Living Social deal which we upgraded to a classic double,on available
the receptionest had kindly upgraded us again.We approached our room by a lovely old wooden staircase(400 years old)to find a faultless,clean spacious room,looking out over the square we had a chandelier above the bed and even a double built in sink in the large bathroom.After unpacking we had a popular cream tea in the lounge with two large warm scones,individual jars of jam and plenty of cream,later we managed a very tasty dinner in the busy restaurant. Thoughout our stay the all staff were kept busy with guests,but at all times they were polite, helpful and made you feel nothing was to much trouble.
Next time we are in Kings Lynn for the day we know where to have lunch and treat ourselves to cream tea before our ninety minute trip home.But i hope one day we will stay again.
Thank you to all staff including those behind the scenes,keep up the good work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of King's Lynn old town and overlooking the historic market place, the Duke's Head is perfect for discovering what Norfolk has to offer to the business and leisure traveller. Since Georgian times, this impressive classical building has welcomed visitors including Princess Victoria and Sir Robert Walpole (generally considered to be the first Prime Minister of Great Britain) in considerable comfort and style.Its location overlooking the ancient market place in the centre of King's Lynn would have denoted its importance in a town peppered with fine historic buildings. The Duke's Head is located walking distance away from King's Lynn station, nightlife, restaurants, bars and leisure club. Kings Lynn is serviced by regular trains to London and serves as an ideal location for discovering Norfolk. North Norfolk is an ideal tourist destination. Whether you enjoy the lively atmosphere and entertainment offered by traditional seaside resorts, the tranquility of the small fishing villages, which spring to life at high tide, you can't help but be impressed by the beautiful coastline and the fascinating history of its towns. The Hotel has recently benefited from a 3 million pound refurbishment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Superbreak UK, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Dukes Head Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elizabeth Dukes Head Hotel
- Dukes Head Kings Lynn
- The Dukes Head Hotel UK/Norfolk