It was with some trepidation that I undertook my business trip to Kings Lynn. I had hard bad things about the town and things didn't look much better when I stepped off the train so be surrounded by some seriously looking inbred people. The town itself actually wasn't too bad from what I saw, at least not for a couple of nights. This was also made a whole lot better by my stay at the lovely Legacy Duke’s Head Hotel.
Just a short walk from the train station, through the town, this hotel is easy to find, located on the side of the large town square. The reception staff were very friendly and accommodating and my thanks goes to them for selecting me a quiet room, my number one priority in any stay.
The room itself was a good size and had a clean and modern feel to it. I would have liked a bath as well as a shower but that is only a minor thing, especially given the reasonable price that was paid.
The restaurant meal I had on the first night was lovely and the service I received was exceptional. The meal we shared as a business on the following night in one of the function rooms was also of a good standard. Breakfast offered a good range of cooked and continental choices.
From a business point of view things went well and the service was attentive.
Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hotel if you are looking to stay in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of King's Lynn old town and overlooking the historic market place, the Duke's Head is perfect for discovering what Norfolk has to offer to the business and leisure traveller. Since Georgian times, this impressive classical building has welcomed visitors including Princess Victoria and Sir Robert Walpole (generally considered to be the first Prime Minister of Great Britain) in considerable comfort and style.Its location overlooking the ancient market place in the centre of King's Lynn would have denoted its importance in a town peppered with fine historic buildings. The Duke's Head is located walking distance away from King's Lynn station, nightlife, restaurants, bars and leisure club. Kings Lynn is serviced by regular trains to London and serves as an ideal location for discovering Norfolk. North Norfolk is an ideal tourist destination. Whether you enjoy the lively atmosphere and entertainment offered by traditional seaside resorts, the tranquility of the small fishing villages, which spring to life at high tide, you can't help but be impressed by the beautiful coastline and the fascinating history of its towns. The Hotel has recently benefited from a 3 million pound refurbishment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Superbreak UK, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Dukes Head Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elizabeth Dukes Head Hotel
- Dukes Head Kings Lynn
- The Dukes Head Hotel UK/Norfolk