I have just spent a night at the 'Legacy Duke's Head Hotel', the staff without exception were very helpful and professional in there duties, the food and service in the restaurant is first class, We stayed in the original part of the hotel in a classic room which was furnished to a high standard.
There are also standard rooms in the hotel extension at the back of the hotel, no doubt they
will offer adequate facilities with the same excellent service.
The extension is such an eyesore and is not in keeping with the original building which
stands on the Tuesday Market Square and in easy reach of all that Kings Lynn has to offer.
The only reason that I say almost faultless is that, the hotel lacks air conditioning anywhere, with temperatures in the high twenty's it did get a little sticky.
Even so I cannot wait to return only next time for a longer stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of King's Lynn old town and overlooking the historic market place, the Duke's Head is perfect for discovering what Norfolk has to offer to the business and leisure traveller. Since Georgian times, this impressive classical building has welcomed visitors including Princess Victoria and Sir Robert Walpole (generally considered to be the first Prime Minister of Great Britain) in considerable comfort and style.Its location overlooking the ancient market place in the centre of King's Lynn would have denoted its importance in a town peppered with fine historic buildings. The Duke's Head is located walking distance away from King's Lynn station, nightlife, restaurants, bars and leisure club. Kings Lynn is serviced by regular trains to London and serves as an ideal location for discovering Norfolk. North Norfolk is an ideal tourist destination. Whether you enjoy the lively atmosphere and entertainment offered by traditional seaside resorts, the tranquility of the small fishing villages, which spring to life at high tide, you can't help but be impressed by the beautiful coastline and the fascinating history of its towns. The Hotel has recently benefited from a 3 million pound refurbishment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Dukes Head Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elizabeth Dukes Head Hotel
- Dukes Head Kings Lynn
- The Dukes Head Hotel UK/Norfolk