Had a great stay in this lovely hotel which is well located for the town centre. Had a great deal with travelzoo And the room was excellent well appointed comfortable clean with a great walk in shower. Unfortunately being bank holiday week end the hotel was full and the kitchens struggled a bit. We could only get a table late for the restaurant by the time we checked in and by this time as happens in many places some of what we wanted had run out.
Hey oh however what we did have was excellent well presented and very tasty. Breakfast was a bit of a mishap. We decided to have a bit of a lie in as did everybody else unfortunately everybody wanted breakfast at the same time so having tried to get breakfast at 945 we ended up getting our table at nearly 1030.
There was plenty of choice but when I went for my cooked breakfast the bacon and eggs had run out. As breakfast should have ended at 1030 I guess the chefs had moved on to lunch prep. But by the time I finished my breakfast up came the bacon and eggs. Also the pastries ran out and were not restocked. I understand it's difficult when busy. There is a free car park if you can get in otherwise there is a huge car park outside which is a pound from 6pm till 0800. The hotel is wheelchair accessible ( from the trades entrance I believe if you are unable to do two steps at the front). If I had realised this was a bank holiday when booking I would have avoided the date but not to worry. I must say the staff are extremely courteous professional and helpful and apologies were offered for the breakfast delay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of King's Lynn old town and overlooking the historic market place, the Duke's Head is perfect for discovering what Norfolk has to offer to the business and leisure traveller. Since Georgian times, this impressive classical building has welcomed visitors including Princess Victoria and Sir Robert Walpole (generally considered to be the first Prime Minister of Great Britain) in considerable comfort and style.Its location overlooking the ancient market place in the centre of King's Lynn would have denoted its importance in a town peppered with fine historic buildings. The Duke's Head is located walking distance away from King's Lynn station, nightlife, restaurants, bars and leisure club. Kings Lynn is serviced by regular trains to London and serves as an ideal location for discovering Norfolk. North Norfolk is an ideal tourist destination. Whether you enjoy the lively atmosphere and entertainment offered by traditional seaside resorts, the tranquility of the small fishing villages, which spring to life at high tide, you can't help but be impressed by the beautiful coastline and the fascinating history of its towns. The Hotel has recently benefited from a 3 million pound refurbishment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Dukes Head Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elizabeth Dukes Head Hotel
- Dukes Head Kings Lynn
- The Dukes Head Hotel UK/Norfolk