“Friendly Pub with good food and real ale”
Review of Victory Inn

Victory Inn
Ranked #23 of 183 Restaurants in King's Lynn
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Romford
“Friendly Pub with good food and real ale”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I found this pub on Trip Advisor and I thought we would try it. Some friends of ours joined us also having been recommended by a local taxi driver. On entering the Pub we were warmly welcomed by the Publican and shown to the table we had reserved in the small restaurant. The tables were all set out nicely. The Friday we went was their "fish night". 2 of us chose the cod and chip meal which was freshly prepared and very tasty. One person had scampi which again was fine. 2 of us had desserts which were nice. Overall we enjoyed the pleasant atmosphere of the Pub, the friendliness of the Publican, the food. For around £56 we had 4 meals,2 desserts, one bottle of wine, a glass of white wine and a pint of real ale! Good value for money. The menu whilst not being extensive offered a reasonable choice. Certainly worth considering fish dishes..
The pub is about 2 miles from the junction of A17 & A47 on the West Side of King's Lynn. Well worth a visit if you like something different from the chain food outlets. We will certainly call in there again if we are in the area.

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank TonyRomford77

King's Lynn, United Kingdom
“Secret fish dishes”
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Do you like fish? I have found the best fish restaurant in the Kings Lynn area. This is The Victory Inn in Clenchwarton. You will not see fish on the menu but the chef, who is an experienced fish chef loves to cook fish dishes to order. Among others I have had salmon fillet, beautifully cooked with asparagus, potato rosti and hollandaise sauce. Also sea bass with creamed leeks and potato rosti and sea bream on a bed of Mediterranean vegetables. He cooks tuna to absolute perfection. The dishes would make a top fish restaurant proud but the prices are more akin to a pub menu. I just pre-order fish and leave them to surprise me with something new. I am now taking friends along and amazing them with the quality of the food.
So if you want to take advantage of these fish dishes then contact Wayne, the landlord of the Victory Inn. You won't be disappointed.

Visited April 2014
4 Thank VivienneM469
Norwich, United Kingdom
“A great pub on the old A17”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We booked a meal with friends recently on a visit to see them, I personally had some reservations as I had been in this pub many years ago and was not impressed.
What a pleasant surprise we had. It had been nicely refurbished, all the staff were very welcoming, the real ales were very enjoyable (I tried 2 guest ales) and my three course meal was delicious. Looking forward to our next visit.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank M C
UK
“Great pub!”
Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

Great pub, friendly staff, clean, great beers and awesome beer garden!
Highly recommend it to all ages.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank chrisn0123
King's Lynn, United Kingdom
“A great pub to have in the village”
Reviewed 24 February 2013 via mobile

We have been visiting the Victory often since it reopened last year and have always had a friendly welcome and great food. The Sunday lunch is a choice of roast meat with all the trimmings. The vegetables are served separate as is the gravy so the plate does not arrive overflowing with food. There is always a choice of mouth watering desserts but unfortunately I can rarely manage one.
The menu for the rest of the week has some excellent meals available. My favourites are lamb shank in a minted gravy and the steak which is always cooked just as I like it. The chips are fresh and not frozen and all the meals are home made from local suppliers. It certainly is worth a visit.

1 Thank VivienneM469