“Lovely pub”

Kings lynn, norfolk
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely pub”
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Always a good selection of real ales on, lovely fresh homemade food! Beautiful garden well looked after, and great staff! All locals make you feel welcome.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Lorna5670

“Great village local”
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Super well run local,fabulous beer garden and always a good selection of ever changing cask ales,had a Sunday lunch recently which was excellent using good quality locally sourced meat and in house prepared vegetables,really enjoyed the cauliflower cheese,nice to sit outside after the meal and an enjoy a drink with friends on a leisurely Sunday afternoon,very friendly hosts

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Chris P
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Best Roast Dinner I've had in years”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I have lived in this area for 25 years 1st time I have been in the Victory Inn.My 2 brothers and dad came up for a visit so I thought we would have a good old roast dinner out.It was excellent and the publican had a good sense of humour " I loved the beans on toast"

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Philip W
Romford
“Friendly Pub with good food and real ale”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I found this pub on Trip Advisor and I thought we would try it. Some friends of ours joined us also having been recommended by a local taxi driver. On entering the Pub we were warmly welcomed by the Publican and shown to the table we had reserved in the small restaurant. The tables were all set out nicely. The Friday we went was their "fish night". 2 of us chose the cod and chip meal which was freshly prepared and very tasty. One person had scampi which again was fine. 2 of us had desserts which were nice. Overall we enjoyed the pleasant atmosphere of the Pub, the friendliness of the Publican, the food. For around £56 we had 4 meals,2 desserts, one bottle of wine, a glass of white wine and a pint of real ale! Good value for money. The menu whilst not being extensive offered a reasonable choice. Certainly worth considering fish dishes..
The pub is about 2 miles from the junction of A17 & A47 on the West Side of King's Lynn. Well worth a visit if you like something different from the chain food outlets. We will certainly call in there again if we are in the area.

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank TonyRomford77
King's Lynn, United Kingdom
“Secret fish dishes”
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Do you like fish? I have found the best fish restaurant in the Kings Lynn area. This is The Victory Inn in Clenchwarton. You will not see fish on the menu but the chef, who is an experienced fish chef loves to cook fish dishes to order. Among others I have had salmon fillet, beautifully cooked with asparagus, potato rosti and hollandaise sauce. Also sea bass with creamed leeks and potato rosti and sea bream on a bed of Mediterranean vegetables. He cooks tuna to absolute perfection. The dishes would make a top fish restaurant proud but the prices are more akin to a pub menu. I just pre-order fish and leave them to surprise me with something new. I am now taking friends along and amazing them with the quality of the food.
So if you want to take advantage of these fish dishes then contact Wayne, the landlord of the Victory Inn. You won't be disappointed.

Visited April 2014