“Very friendly and Hardworking Staff”

Premier Inn Kings Lynn
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in King's Lynn
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I have stayed at several Premier Inns and other Brands but without exception the staff made the difference. Polite, genuinely interested that you are satisfied and above all Hardworking. I cant fault them.
The room is as you expect from Premier Inn: Clean, quiet and functional. The staff made the difference.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,253)

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Typical Premier Inn, clean, tidy and plenty of parking. Just a shame that the restaurant staff are so poorly trained and the service terrible. Automatic check in takes time though.

The bar staff however are brilliant.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank NickButler
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed over at hotel with partner who is disabled and uses an electric wheelchair as unable to walk. Stayed in an adapted disabled room. Reason for visit was to attend a wedding in the local area.. £60 for two nights, but booked about 4 months ago, some friends booked about a month before hand and paid much more.

Parking very good with many disabled parking spaces outside the hotel. Bed was raised on blocks so able to use hoist. Room spotless clean and plenty of room for chair users. Wet room with built in shower chair with arms, toilet etc. with drop down handles, brilliant lay out so spotless clean.

Down side the rooms get quite hot on sunny days, do provide pedestal fan that is useful

Staff friendly and helpful.

Downside the Brewers Faye Restaurant is worth a miss. Food is okay but very expensive and portions quite small for the price your paying. There is fast food national chain burger outlet in short walking distance from hotel, useful if only staying for a night or so.

1  Thank Trevor W
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed here on business for 1 night, it's the 1st time I've stayed in a premier in this year and I was pleasantly surprised. As it's been hot recently a fan had been supplied plus a sheet to use in place of a duvet, the room was very clues although did smell a little musty as though someone had been smoking there recently, overall though the little touches really enhanced my stay thanks!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Liz5004
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My partner and I booked a hotel room last minute after our trip to Hunstanton. The hotel was easy to locate and right next to a McDonalds, Brewers Fayre Pub & it was easily accessible to the A47 and only a 5mins from King's Lynn town.

The staff were very helpful when checking in and the room was every thing that you could ask for - newly refurbished, clean and comfy with no disturbances :-) Plently of free car parking too.

I would highly recommend this Premier Inn and will definitely be staying again if I'm ever down that way again :)

1  Thank Fiona910625
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My partner, grandmother and I stayed in this hotel when visiting family friends in Norfolk. It was a one night Saturday stay and we had breakfast on the Sunday. We paid £170 total for two rooms and breakfast for the three of us. Had an issue with the Sat Nav as the postcode took us to the wrong place but we found it quite easily as it's visible from afar (next to a McDonalds). The hotel itself is made up of multiple buildings from what I could see. We were in the main building which is accessed through reception so I didn't have to walk around, but other rooms were accessed by going back outside and round the sides of the hotel (something I probably wouldn't have been overly keen on). We needed to check in slightly earlier and when I rang to ask about that a few days earlier, it was no problem. We didn't use the check in kiosk because it's locked until 14:00 (normal check in time), but the staff member checked us in quickly without an issue. The rooms were lovely, really warm and so clean! The bathroom was spotless. There was a flat screen TV with freeview, 7 plug sockets (4 by the desk, 1 next to the bed, 2 by the mirror) which was impressive, as well as a fan as the room isn't air conditioned. Basic amneties were provided (hair/body wash, tea and coffee making facilities and hairdryer), but I noticed there was no iron. However, I rang reception to ask about an iron and one was brought to me immediately by a really friendly house keeper. Downside was that the ironing board was grubby but it didn't matter massively. Another issue was that the bathroom light switch also turns on the extractor fan which was SO loud. That was only a problem when I used the bathroom in the night and my partner was still asleep (light sleepers may be woken up by it). We left soon after checking in on the Saturday to make our visit and were out until the evening. I asked for decaffeinated drinks at reception when we got back and they had both decaf tea and coffee. The sleep we had that night was amazing! Bed was so comfortable with alternative 'soft' pillows, and the curtains meant the room stayed completely dark. Had no issues with sound, despite the hotel being off the main road, and didn't use the fan either. Everyone in the hotel was friendly both days, saying hello and good morning. You get 30 minutes free wifi too, the rest is paid (I think £3 for 24 hours). Breakfast is served between 7 and 11am at the weekend and we arrived at 10. Had a table immediately and there was a large selection of all different foods, buffet style, which is all you can eat for less than £9. It's in the Brewers Fayre restaurant next door which I saw also has a play area for children. The area hot food was served on was small so food went quickly and had to be replenished often which I think is a benefit as it stays fresh. Poached eggs, porridge and vegetarian sausages can be cooked especially if requested. Check out was simple, you just leave your door key and go. I can hardly fault the hotel, I'd definitely stay again if in the area. We visited Hunstanton beach on the Sunday which is a half hour drive away and really lovely. If I had to find a downside, I would say that there didn't seem to be a lift, but I suppose accesibility issues could be resolved with a ground floor room. Other than that, and a couple other things mentioned, I would highly recommend this Premier Inn!

Room Tip: I'd recommend asking for a room in the main building, otherwise you have to walk round the hotel...