“Good value for money, would stay again.”
Review of Globe Hotel

Globe Hotel
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in King's Lynn
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Stayed 2 nights, room was a little small but OK, everything worked. Bathroom was only room with a window, which was a little stange and hindered the ventilation. Overall room was in need of renovation, especialy the bathroom - small amounts of mould were present. Lights were very dim, 30W bulbs I think. Hotel is about to be refurbished whcih should hopefully solve the issues with the rooms. Hotel is above a Wetherspoons, no noise issues while we there, a Sunday and Monday night. Food as you would expect, good range and value, same for breakfast. No car park, lots of public parking around, but a bit of a pain to have to keep finding change / paying etc.
Good location, range of shops and places to eat within easy walking distance, as is the river.

Room Tip: Although not an issue with our room, some do face the street and can be noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
GlobeHotel1, Manager at Globe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2013

Thanks for taking the time to post a review, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us at The Globe Hotel, you are correct our beloved hotel is currently undergoing a full refurbishment which should be completed on the 14th June 2013, this includes all rooms and en suites as well as the installation of free Wi-Fi in every room.

I hope you join us again and allow us to turn your 4 star review into a 5 :)

Reviewed 11 May 2013

stayed there for one night in January. my single room was slightly bigger than bathroom. if i wanted to hang my coat had to move bed towards window to be able to reach the hanging rail. my room was 208, i'm slim, so it wasn't much problem for me to walk around the bed in the tiny room, but if you are average built i would recommend you to book a double room. it was Friday night when i stayed there, so I could hear music from pub downstairs, but it didn't bothered me much as I was tired and ill and went to bed before 10 pm. none other noise woke me up, only my alarm clock in the morning. will stay there again as location is brilliant and love the pub downstairs.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo

Thanks for posting a review, we always like to hear feedback from our customers, with our refurbishment project currently in place we are taking the opportunity to redesign the layout of all our rooms including our singles to give as much space as possible to our customers.

I am glad you enjoy the adjoining pub and we are very proud to be a social highlight of Kings Lynn, we look forward to your return visit with us!

Reviewed 8 May 2013

Staff were excellent and helpful, however this is the only hotel room I have stayed in which does not have a window! I have lied as there was one in the bathroom, which was frosted! The shower fittings could probably be found in a 1930's second hand store! We were offered a alternative room, however they had a live band on and it would have been noisy, so we turned that one down! We were informed that next week the rooms were being updated - but of course no good to us! I was looking forward to staying at a Wetherspoons hotel for the first time as they do Pubs really well, but I feel they have a lot of learning to do, when it comes to hotels!
Also car parking is a issue and to get round it is extremely complicated, by moving your car to different car parks.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

David,

Many thanks for your review and your custom we are very proud that our hotel is a listed building of such beauty and character however operationally this can prove challenging sometimes, in particular the layout of your room, We quite agree with your assessment of the showers and am pleased that our refurbishment program which is finishing on the 14th June 2013, will include a completely refitted en suite in each room with modern fittings and fixtures.

I hope that you will try us again after the refurbishment and look forward to hearing your feedback concerning our new rooms.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Me and my mum went to the Globe Hotel for lunch. The tables we sat down at was really horrible and sticky as if it had not. been washed. Also they had two menus out on the tables, Sunday cavery menu and a normal menu. I wanted a Sirlion Steak Meduim with Sauce and onion rings but when my mum went up to order it took her half an hour to get the order through only to discover then normal menu was not being used. So instead I chose a Gammon. So when the order came trthrough the waiter brought to our table, Sausage and Mash which my mum had orderd and a burger. When he went to take the order back to the kitchen he also took the cuttlery as well so my mum could not eat her meal and when i toched her plate it was stone cold. I have been there in the past and this is the worst experience I have ever had there. I would stongly advise that they make significant changes.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Sam,

First of all I would like to say thanks for taking the time to write a review, we do look at all reviews posted good and bad so that we endeavour to ensure our customers are receiving the top level of service that we at The Globe Hotel pride ourselves on delivering.

On this occasion we fell short and I offer my sincerest apologies, we hope that the next time you are in Kings Lynn you will try us again and allow us to rectify your expectations of us.

If you wish to discuss this matter any further with me please feel free to contact the Hotel.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

Thanks to all the staff at the Globe who made my boyfriends visit so smooth. He really enjoyed his vist to King's Lynn to compete inthe 10k. You were so friendly and made him feel so welcome.Special mention to Sarah, Molly and Lou. Thanks.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Justina,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review for us, it is always nice to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stay we aim to make every guest feel as welcome as your partner did.

We hope to see him again next year for the 10k run!

Reviewed 30 April 2013

The staff were friendly when we checked in. Our twin room had clean bedding and enormous fluffy towels, but the bathroom had a amp musty smell. water took a long long time to drain from the sink and bath/shower. also the decor was dated, the floor squeeked when we walked on it and the walls were so thin between the rooms. Urk!! We ate in the reataurant and tried to order a roast meal only to be told it was all used yesterday (sunday). Then we asked for a side order of veges only to be told there were none as they had all been used for the sunday roasts yesterday. What no shopping done today. So made do with a salad that was only lettuce and 4 tiny cherry tomatoes
It was a shame as this is a great location and so much more could be done. eg fixing the wifi so it would work too.
Hopefully improvements can be made as Kings Lynn is a neat town to visit, We enjoyed it.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
GlobeHotel1, General Manager at Globe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We would like to apologise for the bathroom not being up to the standard it should’ve been. As we are sure you are aware there is a full refurbishment of the hotel taking place soon and will be completed by the end of June which will rectify the problems in the bathroom, also WiFi will be installed in all rooms so this won’t happen again. We also want to apologise for the service you received in the restaurant, we always strive to give amazing customer service and are sorry, that this time this wasn’t what you received. This is something we take very seriously and we will be looking into the matter further. We hope to see you again in the future, where hopefully we will exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

My husband and I were moved here from a nearby 4* hotel ay short notice after it suffered a complete loss of water. The Globe may not be of the same internal room standard, but it certainly makes up for that in the terms of the lovely, helpful staff. The rooms are clean and well furnished, but in need of refurbishment. The Manager is well aware of this, and proudly showed us pictures of the new rooms that will be in place over the course of the year as the Globe undertakes a complete make-over that will restore some of it's past elegance to this old building. it is a Weatherspoon owned hotel, so there is a large restaurant attached, and we found no fault at all with the meals we had there. The Globe is in a great location at the corner of the Saturday Market Sq, well placed to see everything this town has to offer

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

We were sorry to hear about the situation with the hotel you were staying at, but it was a pleasure to accommodate you. As one of the managers has pointed out the refurbished hotel will be completed by the end of June and as I am sure you can imagine we are very excited! Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback, it has been passed on to the relevant staff and we would love to see you again in the future once all works have been completed. We appreciate all the hassle you had can’t have been easy especially when you have come to relax and enjoy the town, but we hope we made your trip enjoyable. Once again thank you for your lovely feedback.