“Total disappointment - having been looking forward to this”

The Cafe at Brovey Lair
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Ovington
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 December 2011

The web site states "Any items within the menus are interchangeable", however the only choice available was the one that had already been selected by a group of four.
The crab fish cake has shell in it
The vegatables with the wild sea bass were burnt - there were bones in the fillet.
The coconut cream sauce was not compatible with the chillis cooked on the fish.
Tina was cooking for six - that is all.
The set menu is £52.20 (for 4 courses) + service
The credit card machine didn't work and they couldn't find £3.00 in change for our bill of £180.00. All the reviews seem so good but on the night we went the cooking was well below what you'd expect for the price.

12  Thank HeartsOwner

Reviewed 13 November 2011

Quite in a class of its own, Brovey Lair has a charm that keeps us coming back, after eleven visits, from Kent. The exquisite fresh seafood is spectacularly delicious, thanks to Tina Pemberton's world-class creativity and skill. The cafe's ambience is fresh and airy; in summer evenings you look out over a lovely pool, while on darker evenings, a graceful willow is beautifully floodlit. We stay overnight - the rooms are stylish and the surroundings blissfully tranquil. Breakfast is probably the best in the world - we always ask for the to-die-for huevos rancheros. If you have a happy marriage, it will be even happier after a visit to Mike and Tina's peaceful, yet exhilarating, "foodie" heaven.

Reviewed 25 July 2010

I performed at Brovey Lair for a Private party a Few years ago and was blown over by the atmosphere & owners Mike & Tina.
I have since returned a few times with my wife and the Food Service & atmosphere is great
If you are in to seriously good food & wine & presentation this is a slice of Heaven!!!
It is a 5 hour drive from where I live so I can't go very often but I would be there every week if I could!!
Tina is the perfect Chef & Mike is a great fun Host.
Go Check it out and tell them I sent you!!!!
Paul & Rachel Martin.